NIW questions

adhe2002

Registered Users (C)
HI Guys,

Got a question:

In NIW application, is the cover letter same as the statement? I am thinking about applying by myself.

Thanks.

Ads

It is good idea to have two separate letters.

Hello,

I did all my GC work (NIW) as a self petition: No lawyer and no company petition, just company support letter. Recently I received the physical GC too.

I wote one letter as petition which was about 15-16 pages signed by me. I made all exhibits containing first Petiton, Support letters, Awards, Publications, Present Visa copy, Passport copy etc.

Then I wrote a cover letter mentioning what kind of petition I am filing for and all enclosures (Petition with all exhibits). I made a transperent cover folder with Money Order and cover letter outside on the top. Then all enclosures with separaters and tabs classifying each exhibit.

This way it becomes very easier to INS officer to go through all paperwork in one shot. Also, if you are going for Consular Processing, your file goes to the respective consulate and there all your paperwork goes which they refer during your interview/scrutiny. That time too it looks good.

You may be planning to do similar way but I just wrote my experience.

Good Luck!

vdesh1: another question

hi vdesh1,

Thanks for your reply. Gotta another question. How did you write a 15-16-page statement? I do have some stuff that I can put in that letter but 15-16 pages seem to be a little hard to achieve for me. Could you please give me some hints about what kind of stuff you put in your letter ?

Also, you separated the exhibits into different categories after the statement letter?

Thanks a bunch.

Reply to your questions:

(1) About writing 16-16 pages Petition:

First of all gather each and every piece of your experience. Then classify (for your reference) each in degree of importance.

In the petition, write initially brief introductory para something like; "Mr.... is applying herewith for EB(2) under National Interest Waiver clause .... and asking to waive the job requirement..." Also write your educational background, areas of expertise and years of experience in this para.

Latter make first section explaining your experience in details with all relavant information. Also while writing if you have any refenec letter, award, publication, cite them and also write which exhibit they are in.

In the next section tell how long you are in the US. What visas, what is your nationality etc.

Then indicating what is EB(2) NIW and list all possible consideration cited by INS (Regardless they know). Then fit your experience justifying how important that in National interest etc. Try to refer the section and clause wherever needed.

This all should make significant number of pages. Please donot go on the quantity of pages it can be different from case to case, but quality should be the same/similar which justify the petition.

(2) About Exhibits:

I put my petition on top of all exhibits (pardon me as in the last message I said I put petition as one of the exhibit).

Hope this clarifies your questions.

Good Luck!

Thank you vdesh1

Thanks a bunch, vdesh1. I think your message is very helpful. If I have further questions later on, I will try to find you here.

Thanks again and nice day.