NIW question

NIWdoor

Registered Users (C)
I feel like to file a NIW, but I am not so confident based on what I am doing.

I am a foreign MD/US MS degree.

I am working HIV-related academic research.

I have 3 journal paper and several abstracts (conference paper?)

I have two memberships.

I should be able to come up around 5 recommedation letters

However, I have doubt because I only work in a technician-like position and I don't have a independent project of my own.

How close am I qualified for a NIW, please advise.

I appreciate any comment.

Re: Re: NIW question

Originally posted by or1or2
A good NIW petition requires a lot of (can't be overemphasized) REPRESENTATION of each and every tiny molecule of things you have accomplished in your research and its IMPACT on the National Interest.

This is exatly my concern, since I am a key personal for the essential measurement, which is a major measurement of research outcomes.

There is no question that all the research projects I involve are scientifically sound (in fact, most funded by NIH) and should be regarded as impactive for the national interest. the question is whether I could claim the impacts of these research projects to be my contribution to the national interest, based on what I contribute to each project.

Project yourself in a better (more illuminating - so to say) light. Everything that you do or you did regarding your research has to be projected very well.
Further, you will need the blessings of a few well established professors and scientist - in the form of letters of recommendations that exalt your work and its impact.

Recommendation letter could comment on my papers (mostly independently accomplished by my self), but the papers are mainly derived from data mining, which makes them sound like "by-product" of research project itself.

In this case, does this recommendation could help?

Hope you spend some time doing your homework on this subject.

Sometimes it all depends on how well a case, however weak it may seem to be on paper, is presented to the USCIS and also on the luck.

Hence,you may try contacting a very good immigration attorney specializing in NIW,to get your case evaluated. This evaluation is usually free and the attorney can let you know if you have any reasonable chance or not. Then decide.