Newark Transfer - Please respond

gcwait000

Registered Users (C)
Does anyone know how long Newark is taking to schedule interviews once the case is transfered. Please respond if if you have any info.

Got interview dates

My case was transfered to local INS (Newark) in second week of Feb and I got interview letter in Second week of March and my Interview is on first week of april. Hope this info helps.

My case was transfered to the local INS office (Newark) on Oct 11th 2002, was interviewed on Nov 25th 2002. Got approved on April 2nd, 2003.

Hope this helps. Good Luck

it seems to have response in 5-6 weeks

it seems to have response in 5-6 weeks.
I am also waiting for the notice of interview. - TD: April 3, 2003

Re: it seems to have response in 5-6 weeks

I got notice of interview 3 weeks more after the case transferred to local office, interview scheduled arranged 7 weeks after the transfer.

6-7 weeks can be more accurate.

Originally posted by elmz
it seems to have response in 5-6 weeks.
I am also waiting for the notice of interview. - TD: April 3, 2003

Yes, They will let you know the results immediately after the processing, either approved or transfered... ... or others.

The message on line is as the same as auto-answering phonecall.
I checked it for more than one year. The notice comes before the written notice

regards,

Originally posted by crossedfingures
Does the online and phone message change if approved or disapproved after Interview at Newark. Does anyone know?

I have no such experience on this, sorry!

Originally posted by crossedfingures
My question is: After Interview at BCIS does the online status message change? If it changes when?

My case was also xferred to Newark local office, along with spouse's case. I got married 2 months after filing 485 and spouse case was filed 3 months after.

Online case status is slightly different than those posted in these forums. Not sure if this would lead to an interview:

On May 8, 2003, we transferred your I485 Application to Register Permanent Residence or to Adjust Status to our office in NEWARK AND TETERBORO, NJ for processing. Our office in NEWARK AND TETERBORO, NJ will send you a written decision as soon as processing is complete. You should receive a notice informing you that your case has been transferred to a local office, please call the National Customer Service Center at (800) 375-5283. To receive information about local office processing times.

ND:NOV-17-2001
RFE:FEB-21-2003
RFE Reply Recd:02-26-03
TD:MAY-08-2003
:)!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!