Newark Stamping: some questions

upside down

Registered Users (C)
1. How early do we need to get there?
 Some people reported that they went there as early as 7:30am, some went there 9am. Generally how early should we get there?

2. Is Courtesy Copy OK for the stamping?
 Again some people reported using courtesy copy before their offical one came. Just want to make sure.

3. What would be the best way to get there, by NJ Transit Train or by driving? Is it easy to find Parking Lot? Is it expensive?

Thanks!

No Title

>1. How early do we need to get there?
Some people reported that they went there as early as 7:30am, some went there 9am. Generally how early should we get there?

Earlier the better. However I went on a non-appointment day at aroung 10.00am and managed to get stamped and come out at 1.30 pm.

>2. Is Courtesy Copy OK for the stamping?
 Again some people reported using courtesy copy before their offical one came. Just want to make sure.

SOme of them have reported that courtsey copy was accepted. I gave the original.

>3. What would be the best way to get there, by NJ Transit Train or by driving? Is it easy to find Parking Lot? Is it expensive?

Using NJ Transit, go toward sthe Market St exit, and walk on Market Street and turn left on Broad street. ABout 10 minutes walk.
Using automobile, You can exit either 13 A or 14 on NJTP and go towards Rte 21 (Mc Carter Hwy) and look for signs to Broad St.
Parking available around the block and it is approx $8.00 per day.

also.....

can someone also answer these questions too...

1. is it possible to go for stamping at some other local INS center even though your approval notice might say to go to Newark(based on the current address).....does anyone know if that is possible....
2. is it possible to go to Newark on any day for stamping or do we have to go only on Wednesdays(as probably mentioned on the approval notice).......

thanks in advance.....

to upside down: could you please post your experience once you get your PP stamped at Newark......

thanks.....take care...

No Title

1. I went for PP Stamping on Wed. May 8th. Got there at 9:50am. Didn\'t wait outside the building. Only 1 family is on the line before us. There are 3 windows open, plus one table on the side. We got out at 10:10am. It\'s all taken care of on the first floor. Didn\'t have to go to 10th floor. I think that\'s the advantage of going on a Wednesday - You get in and out quicker, and don\'t have to run around the building.

2. We used curtesy copy. Accepted without question. Some even say that it\'s better to use curtesy copy because it has your own address on it. The original copy has the attorney\'s address, and if you use the original, you should remind the officer about that. Otherwise your GC may get sent to your attorney.

3. I drove. Fairly easy to find the place. There is a big sign on Borad St with big arrows pointing to the parking lot. The sign says something like "Closest parking lot to 970 building" The fee is something like $4 for 1 hr, $6 for 2, and $8 for whole day.

Also, The entrance for PP Stamping is clearly marked "Immigration". I was totally confused by the "side entrance" v.s. "back entrance" disussions before I went.

I also posted a couple of messages on May 7th and 9th about Newark PP Stamping.

upside_down & 485ND0921

Do we need to call them up and take an appointment to go on wednesday,
upside_down when are U planning to goto newark, I got my courtesy copy yesterday in mail, I am planning next wednesday to Newark.

bottleguys

I just got my courtesy copy today. I had planned to visit INS as soon as I got the notice, but tomorrow I have some work due so I\'ll probably go to Newark next week, hopefully Tuesday.

Also in my notice it says I should go there on Wenesday (didn\'t specify which Wensday though). Can I still go there on any days?

Newark office: Remember that with new rules the line is moving very slow, so you should get there ea

Newark office: Remember that with new rules the line is moving very slow, so you should get there early on day other then Wednesday around 6 AM (The security guy will ask (at 7:15 AM) people with appointment go first !!! And you should ask for ticket “C” not “A” at the security desk other way you will wait for a long time inside, guys remember approval letter is appointment letter even if you came in the other day), and on Wednesday you can come at 7:30 (they open the gate this time), this day all tickets are “C”.