Newark Stamping Experience with Courtesy Copy

HVN

Registered Users (C)
My wife and I went to the Newark office to get our stamping done today. For some unexplainable reason, the damn line was very long. While most others have been reporting wait times of 1-1.5 hours tops, ours took over 3.5 hours - well over 225 applicants today itself - and we got there at 8 am sharp.

Another thing is that while we had my wife\'s original approval notice, I only had my courtesy copy - and yet it didn\'t seem to be an issue. We both got approved in a matter of minutes once we were called to the window.

The change to the social security number is another issue - the line was extremely long, and I would recommend visiting your local SSA office to get the change made rather than waste time in that long line.

Thanks. Do they allow stamping on other days

Do they allow us for stamping on days other than wednesdays? Any harm in trying?

Yes you can go any day

You can go any day of the week, but Wednesday\'s are ONLY for green cards. If you go the other days, then you\'ll have to stand in line with all other things people are coming in for - very often you have to get in line by 6 am to get a chance to be seen that that. However, I\'m given to understand that Tuesdays are light.