Newark PP stampling experience

hhm

Registered Users (C)
I and my wife, son (12 yr.) went to Newark INS office yesterday to get our passport stamped.
We arrived at about 9 a.m. and there were about 60 people in front of us. We waited about 40 min. just to get into the building because security check. We were asked to take out the jackets, empty the pockets, put all things on X-ray machine... Then we went to rm. 334 and handed in the approval notices (original) to reception desk and waited again. About 150 people there. In about 30 min., we were called to window. The officer gave us the approval notices back with stamps on them. We were told to go to room 136. We had to exit to the building and got in again from different entrance. Security check again, took out the jackets,..... In room 136, about 50 people there, we waited about 20 min. Then we were called to the window to do the finger printings (right index finger only) and had the signatures on form i-89. Approval notice and the form 1-89 handed back to us again and asked us waiting in room 135 cross of the hallway. Lucky enough, we did not need to get out of the build this time. In room 135, there\'re about 120 people waiting already. We watched for the number screen to wait for our turn. In about one and half hour, our number appeared. We went to the window, handed in the approval notice, form i-89, EAD, i-94, passport. Officer verified the address, put stamp on our passports, wrote A# and other bellow the stamps. At end, she congratulated us and told us the plastic cards shall arrive in 6-12 month. Time then was 12:40 p.m.
After the pp stamped, we went to the 10th floor of the same building, re-ordered social security cards for my wife and my son. The old cards have employment restriction statements. We want it removed from the cards. This process took about half hour. Please double check the name and address, the SSA staff was sloppy. We\'re told the ssn card will arrive in home about two weeks.
We walked out the building at 1:20. The whole green card journey took us about 3 year and 6 month.
If you bring kids with you for the pp stamping, be sure to let them have gameboy or other toys. Three hours are long time for them.
If you want to know my details info, you may search my name for the last post.

No Title

Strange. Me and my wife were there for stamping yesterday at Newark. We arreived at 8:20. We had to wait for 40min to get into the building and same security check. Then went to Room no 334 at the window submitted the courtey copy. After an hour we were called, at the window officer took our photographs, fingersprints, signatures and stamped our passports and declared us as the lawful permanat resident and told us that the card should arrive in 6 months time. This process probably took 5min. At 10:30 we were out of 970 Broad st.

Good luck to you all waiters. It is frustrating to wait but at the end its a relief.

No Title

hmm, that is really strange.
had my PP stamped 2/7/01 in newark.
waited in line at 7:40am, was inside the building
at 8.15am after all the security checks. proceeded
to rm 334, handed my original notice, and was called
10 minutes later. had all the stamping, fingerprinting,
signing done in 5 minutes. lady said i should be receiving
my card in 4-6months. (fingers crossed at this point :)
was out of the building at 8.40am. at work at 9.30am.

No Title

Can somenone please tell me if photoes are required for passport stamping? I thought they are only required when filing I-485 but I have seen some posting mentioned photoes for their pp stamping experience.