Newark Interview - Why?

kyahorahahai

Hi Guys!

Just found out that my case has been transferred to Newark on 4/25/01. There was RFE at all or is this better than RFE.
Any idea why they are doing this?
How soon can I expect an interview call from Newark Office?
What questions or documents will be needed.

EB2, RIR, India
PD : 2/99
ND : 2/10/00
FP: 3/24/01

Any suggestions or help would be a great help.

Thanks

No Title

You can expect an interview notice witin one month and another month for the actual interview.. Not bad at all!!

No Title

Anxious,
Good. It means you are few steps away from the finishing line.
All the best in your interview. Please post us details of the interview after you attend.

No Title

Hi ss48079:

Any particular reaons for this transfer.
Earlier, we used to see lots of RFE, and qucick approvals after replying to RFE. Then lately, the Jan and Feb 2000 ND\'s have been getting approvals directly from Vermont.

This transfer to Newark is first of its kind in the recent past weeks, since, Vermont started working on Jan and Feb cases.

Spoke to a lawyer friend, who says that possibly there is something in my files which may warrant a personal interview, and hence the transfer. Accordingly, I have asked my company\'s lawyer to go through the files and see if he could come up with issues for which I would need to be made aware of.

Completing six years in June 2001, and have never changed employer.

No Title

I\'ve been with the same employer for 5 & 1/2 yrs now i.e. ever since I came to the U.S. ..A month back I received a notice from Vermont ..that everything is complete (EB3) & they\'ve transferred my case to Newark, NJ.....fail to understand why? Then I called INS national cust service & asked them why it was tansferred ..they said becuz it\'s employment based & the timeframe I\'m looking at is 13 months for completion of processing... makes me sooo MAD.
    Please let me know if you hear anything. And can anyone tell me how long will it take before I hear from them??
---- Gagan

No Title

I\'m in EB3 & all other formalities for I-485 are complete e.g. Finger Printing, Health checkup, Inquiry from the Company that they still have the offer open for me etc.
Just when I was ready to get the approval from Vermont, i received a notice from Vermont Service Centre telling me that my case has been completed and transferred to local office of Newark, NJ on 03/30/01.
   I haven\'t heard from Newark yet (so no interview date)
Couple of things I wanted to know, please HELP:-
    1) How long will it take from here?
    2) Was I chosen at random or Is there something wrong somewhere?

No Title

Gagank: My case is also transferred to local office in Philadelphia. My lawyer was saying the it could be because of any of the following two reasons:
1. Application file may have some document which requires further clarification e.g. marriage evidence, fingerprinitng, date of birth etc. OR
2. INS randomly selects a few cases and sends them to local offices for quality assurance reasons.

He told me that one should not worry as long as all the paperwork was right! Good luck

No Title

Thanx a ton Hanumanji!
Also any Idea on the timeframe for the local office to get back to me with the Interview date? my I-485 was transferred 03/30/01.

No Title

Was going through Archive and found that, Newark generally takes two weeks to send out letter for Interview, and Interview date is 4 weeks from the date of transfer.

This may have changed or lately, is there anyone else who has got a similar case.

No Title

anybody got interview notice yet.
Mine was transferred 04/03/01 - no interview notice as of now

No Title

My case got transferred to Newark today (5/4/01). Lets keep each other updated if we get interview notice.

EB3 INDIA RD 12/29/99 ND 01/24/00 FP 03/28/01 Waiting

No Title

My case was transferred to Newark from Vermont 03/30/01, No call from
Newark yet.
Had couple of questions:-
1) What all documents do I really need for the interview?
2) How long after the interview is stamping?

Any good sites where I can get Interview experiences at Newark?

No Title

gagank:

Please inform this board when you get the letter. There seems to be more people lately with transfer to Newark.

Lets keep tab of how soon from the date of transfer, people are getting call or letter for interviews. I think we should also find out what questions are being asked.

A friend of mine was asked to take medical records, but, at the interview was asked to produce W2 tax statements as well.

By the way anybody know the phone no. at Newark.

No Title

Hi Anxios,

What happened to that friend of yours ? Did he get approaval on the spot or he is waiting for decision ?

Thanks

No Title

dna:

He chnaged job after 180 days. The INS wanted some kind of letter from current employer. On receipt of that, they said they would approve it, once the new law\'s regulation is through, which according to ISN.org should be out within the next three weeks. Apparently, they were extremely couteous to him.

gagank: By the way did you by any chance change your residence, since you filed I 485. The letter could have possibly been mailed to your old address. You might want to check this out.

No Title

Anxios,
I\'ve been at the same address since I-485 filing & since I received a
Notice of transfer from Vermont at my current addr ..I\'m sure they know. I\'ll call the INS national cust service(800 375 5283) again to get a local number for Newark.
     My lawyer said I should hear from them within 60 days.

No Title

Gagank:

I called up the INS national center customer service, spoke to a lady there. She just has no idea what happens at Regional offices like Newark. She would not even give me a phone number of that place sayng there is no number there.

The only thing which she could tell me was that it will take 13 months before we can expect an interview call from Newark, which is bull.

As per this board, we have you on 3/30, verysad12 is 3/30, itsajoke is 4/3 and myself 4/25. After this Willbedone is 5/2, dna is 5/4, and steve1999 is 5/7. These are the transferred cases to Newark so far. Anybody else please update this list. None of the above has also got the interview notices, so if anyone gets it, please flash it out.

No Title

Interview Notice received : ) Interview date 06/01/01.
Guys... I (GaganK same as GaganK2) received the interview notice yesterday 05/11/01 at my old address not the new one.
  Contents of Notice:- 1) Interview Notice.
                       2) 2 medical examination forms (1 for me other
                            for my wife)
 My case was transferred to Newark 03/30/01, So the next one in line (04/03/01) should be getting theirs soon.
  Very Imp thing I wanted to point out:- Please check your previous addresses i.e. the address where you filed your labour/I-140 from even if you\'ve been at the same add since I-485...fortunately I have a friend living at my previous add who passed it on to me. Thanx Anxious for reminding me of it.
  Documents reqd at interview:- Interview letter, passports, all I-94, report of medical exams(new one forms for which are attached with this letter), affidavit of support, all original documents which were filed with I-485 petition, birth certificates, marriage certificate.
  2 things to give you an Idea on how unprofessional they can get:-
  1) They sent the Interview notice addressed to my wife & family
     though I am the principal applicant.
  2) They sent it to my old address instead of my new one i.e. ever
     since I-485.
I\'m open for any questions : )