Newark interview report

baobao

Registered Users (C)
We arrived about 15 min before the 10 am interview appointment, waited for over 1.5 h when our names were called. The officer for our case is a young Africa America gentleman, not chatty, but polite. We signed a form and had finger prints before heading to his cubicle. Once we were there, we were asked to take oath and then take seats. The rest took less than 5 min:

1. the officer asked for passport and driver licenses, and looked at them, and then took away all the I-94, and then stamped them, saying that they meant that the cases are pending.

2. Then he asked if we submitted the medical exams before, to which we said yes.

3. Then he asked if I am still working for the same employer, to which I said yes.

4. Then he said that everything is ok, except that the 1st FP was expired about a month ago, and we have to take another finger prints.

5. Then he gave us the previously prepared FP appointments (Oct. 10), and told us that he normally receives the FP results two weeks after they are done, and that if there is no problem, he will then send us the approval letter as well as the appointment for passport stamping.

6. He explained that it means we should have our passport stamped within 30 days after the 2nd FP.

7. We asked if we could go for the FP today, and he suggested that we try our luck.

8. He did not bother to look at anything we have prepared for the interview excepted the driver licenses and the passport.

9. We thanked him and immediately went to the 24 Commence Street for FP.

10. We arrived there around 12:30 pm, the receptionist said we should be able to do the early FP, we took the offer and got the FP done in 20 min. There were very few people there.

We now expect that we will receive the approval notice before the end of October.

Will update the board when the journey comes to the end.

Have a great weekend,

bb

My stats:

I-140 AP--Oct. 2001
I-485 RD--Jan04, 2002
I-485 ND--Jan22, 2002
FP: May10, 2002
EAC-02-091-xxxxx
NO RFE
Transfer date: July 23, 2003
Intervew RD: Aug. 14, 2003
Interview Day: Sept. 19. 2003

It is always

good to hear when a case interview goes smoothly
Congratulations on a smooth interview

Re: sis u redo medical?

Originally posted by GCneedhelp
Hi, Baobao, did u redo your medic? thanks in adv for ur answer

No, we did not re-do the medical exams, and as I mentioned, the officer did not bother to look at it. I think several folks on this board went to the interviews without re-do the medical and had no problem. Obviously, the safest bet is to re-do the medical. Hope this helps.

bb

For Baobao

Baobao,

Did you check your fingerprint status ((304)625-5590) with FBI? I checked with them and they told me they sent the result to INS Vermont on the same day. I had an interview in Newark and I donot know why they sent mine to Vermont. When you call, they need your A#.