new york, i am getting desperate

mag

Registered Users (C)
i have a receipt date of feb. 15, 2002.

according to the timetable, nyc is processing june 2002 already, but so far i have not received anything either from nyc office or missouri, i know my file was transfered over to missouri sept. 25. what happened?

i am getting desperate, i am so worried that my file gets lost,
can i file a new one, what should i do?

Hi, I am in the same boat. did you get your receipt notice (with a file No.) for I-485?

no, i am still waiting, i have not got anything from missouri yet. what is your receipt date?

new york timeline

bennv or anyone with a close file date for marriage-based petition

have you guys got any finger print or interview notice for 2/2002 applications?

Mag

I think it's time for some serious investigating into why you have not received any correspondence from Missouri.

RD 9/23
ND 9/25
FP 10/30/03
RFE 11/10/03

Only thing is I never received the RFE so I haven't responded yet. I made three inquiries to Customer Service and three times I was told to expect it soon or call back in 30 days.

Guys,
Does anyone applied in Chicago office. What is the timeline for AOS interview. I have applied for AOS on January 20, 2004. Anyone with the information please comment.

NYC Junkyard

Hey I have RD July 31 2002 (it says "received date")
ND December 17 2003
ASC code :3, haven't gone through FP yet, it will be on Feb 8 2004
My file was at Missouri SC when I went to get my EAD to Federal Plaza in December 2003.
I received in mail two receipts from MSC one for I 130 my wife filed for me and one for I 485, on December 25 2003.
Since you have a received date of Feb 2002, you also should have received these two letters. You are going 6 months ahead of me.
Good luck
in NYC Junkyard

AlbertoAlvarez,

How long did it take you to receive your first Work Permit? Also that statement about NBC only receiving I-485 with AP and whatever else you said is not accurate. I only submitted my I-485 and it was transferred to Missouri from Federal Plaza.

Thanks in advance for your response.

i did not receive any receipt notice for my app from missouri, that is what worries me the most. i cannot check my file status in any way.

what is ND? and ASC code? is it the same as NOA (notice of action)? How did you know when to go for the fingerprinting?

Hey, mag!
Stow worrying already.
Don't look for any logic or consistency.
I filed my I-485 in May 2002 and still did not get a NOA while people who filed in August or November 2002 have already completed their fingerprinting. Federal Plaza is screwed up. So just wait and relax, you'll get something in the mail soon.

NYC

hey Patientlywaitin':
That information was given to me by an officer in Fed plaza in december. No matter what applications you ve submitted along with 485 , your files goes to NBC , even if you didn't file anything with it.
I got my first EAD after 4 months of filing, Ive filed I 130 I 485 and i 765.
Some people those who stapled their files might be processed later, a friend of mine did that and he is still waiting after 3 years.
for the rest, eventually we are going to receive something. who knows maybe Pres. Bush does us a favor and gives us immediate approval, this sounds much better than giving permits to 8 million illegals.
God bless all of U.S.

Hello, i entered the US in 2002. I dont have a passport, i didnt need one to come as a visitor i am from Canada. I came as a visitor, but never left. I did not get any type of visa to stay. Now i am going to fly home to Canada. What kind of trouble can i expect at the airport? Will they no how long ive been here? Without a passport, can they still find out? If so, does anyone know what will happen? Worried:(

patientlywaitin,

Did you finally receive RFE letter from INS? If you did, can you let me know what they are requesting, if you don't mind? I am in the same situation. I filed I-485 in NYC on 10/3/03 and completed biometrics in November. Now my online status says "On November 26, 2003, we mailed a notice requesting additional evidence or information in this case..." However, I never received anything from INS regarding this RFE, neither does my lawyer. My lawyer told me not to worry and not to count on the INS on-line case status because it's not accurate. From this advise, I personally did not contact INS at all yet. I'm so worried though.

tama

TAMA,

I am still waiting and have no idea what they could be requesting. I will let you know once I receive it, if I do. I've given up on the so called Customer Servive that they claim is suppose to be so helpful.

patientlywaitin,

Thanks for your quick reply. I will also let you know if something comes in. I guess all we can do is wait, wait and wait... I filed Advance Parole at the same time and still waiting.

tama