New York federal Plaza Stamping experience

mahi52

Registered Users (C)
For passport stamping in NY, You do not need infopass appointment. You Just need to go on the day mentioned in the approval notice. If you go on any day other than the day mentioned in the approval notice, they will not consider it.

I took infopass appointment for today(thursday), as I was not clear. I was given token etc and at the final stage , I was told that I should come on the day mentioned in the approval notice. I wish I was told the same thing in the intial stages itself.

There have created an atmosphere of fear in the building in the name of security. Questions are not entertained at all how ever valid they are. they are doing a lousy job in the name of security.

I am going tomorrow again ,as my approval letter mentions friday as the stamping day. I hope it will be done tomorrow.

Mahi:
Thanks very much for this information. My wife and I also need to go to the Federal Plaza office in NY. Based on your info we are planning to go tomorrow too (since our notice says Friday), without INFOPASS appointment. Hopefully things will work out! :rolleyes:

By the way, we have only the courtesy copies, not the original approval notices (those must have been sent to the lawyer). Hopefully the courtesy approval notices will be okay...

Cheers,
Bambaiya

This morning my wife and I went to the BCIS office in Federal Plaza (downtown Manhattan). We reached there at 7:45 am (the office opens at 7:30). Huge place. Took about 20 minutes to get through security. Wasted 15 minutes standing in the wrong line and then 30 minutes getting an electronic token. Then a 1 hour wait and we were fingerprinted and then in 15 minutes more we had our passports with stamps. Then we took the elevator to the 31st floor of the same building and applied to get the "Not valid for employment" statement removed from our Social Security Cards. 3.5 hours total, entry to exit door.

Hope you have an equally easy experience!

-Anoop

PS at NY Federal Plaza - Till what time should one reach there

Hello,

As per my attorney's advise I had earlier taken an Infopass appointment for October 21st (Thursday) for Passport Stamping at Federal Plaza, NY. However, after reading your posts I am now planning of going on October 15th (Friday). My wife, however, has her Finger Printing appointment at 8:00am for October 15th, in Brooklyn, NY. I was wondering, based on your experience would you suggest if I should try going to Federal Plaza after my wife's Finger Printing appointment, i.e. reach there by 10 or 11 am. I live in easterN long island (suffolk county), so I was wondering if I can get both the things done the same day then I will save two trips to NY and an extra day off from work.

My I485 approval letter states that I can be at Federal Plaza anywhere between 7:30am and 4pm, but I was wondering based on your experience if you would advise me to even go there any time after say 8:00am.

Thank you very much for your time and advise.

Regards,
ACREADS.

acreads said:
I was wondering, based on your experience would you suggest if I should try going to Federal Plaza after my wife's Finger Printing appointment, i.e. reach there by 10 or 11 am. I live in easterN long island (suffolk county), so I was wondering if I can get both the things done the same day then I will save two trips to NY and an extra day off from work.

My I485 approval letter states that I can be at Federal Plaza anywhere between 7:30am and 4pm, but I was wondering based on your experience if you would advise me to even go there any time after say 8:00am.

The earlier you go the better since they might stop taking additional applicants once they reach the maximum they can process, but there is no hard and fast cutoff time. You can certainly try going at 10 or 11 am but most people today came before 9 am.

-Bambaiya

Federal Plaza, NYC handles passport stamping only on Fridays. Not knowing that we went there on Monday with an infopass appointment and they made us wait with tokens and all to tell us finally, after few hours, that we need to come on Friday only.

We will have to try it again. Did anyone not scheduled at NYC did stamping there successfully?. Would like to know if they accept with out a proof of AR11 or any other proof of new address with in their jurisdiction !!

Thanks,
Sanga.