New to this, any help would be appreciated

Irishalien

Registered Users (C)
I have my interview on Tuesday, Jan. 10th in Chicago. I am bring basically my whole life to prove who I am. If I do get accepted how long usually will I have to wait until the Oath? Also, as I have been reading some of the other posts, I notice people talking about traffice tickets. I don't believe I put those down on my app. I only had a seat belt ticket and a couple of parking tickets. Is this going to be a big deal? Thank you in advance for your help. Also, to those who seem to answer everyone's questions, a special thank you to you.

Irishalien said:
I have my interview on Tuesday, Jan. 10th in Chicago. I am bring basically my whole life to prove who I am. If I do get accepted how long usually will I have to wait until the Oath? Also, as I have been reading some of the other posts, I notice people talking about traffice tickets. I don't believe I put those down on my app. I only had a seat belt ticket and a couple of parking tickets. Is this going to be a big deal? Thank you in advance for your help. Also, to those who seem to answer everyone's questions, a special thank you to you.

How long is going to take to go for the Oath? Depends from one DO to another, maybe people in Chicago area can answer to this question.
Parking tickets. Absolutely no problem. (assuming they were paid, right?)
Traffic ticket (in you case seat belt violation) no problem either if it was paid. Some people here insist that you should bring a proof of payment from the court. To be better safe than sorry I'll say try to get that proof and take it with you to the interviw. And if you have it just give it to the IO...it's a 99% chance that he/she will tell you that is not necessary. But to be on the safe side do that. The fact that you didn't mention that ticket in your application it's just a honest mistake, nothing intentional and nobody will hold it against you, especially if you bring the paper from court.

Good luck and keep us posted about your interviw. :)

Thank you very much for your response. I certainly will keep you all abreast of my situation. Thanks again.

vulpasin said:
How long is going to take to go for the Oath? Depends from one DO to another, maybe people in Chicago area can answer to this question.
Parking tickets. Absolutely no problem. (assuming they were paid, right?)
Traffic ticket (in you case seat belt violation) no problem either if it was paid. Some people here insist that you should bring a proof of payment from the court. To be better safe than sorry I'll say try to get that proof and take it with you to the interviw. And if you have it just give it to the IO...it's a 99% chance that he/she will tell you that is not necessary. But to be on the safe side do that. The fact that you didn't mention that ticket in your application it's just a honest mistake, nothing intentional and nobody will hold it against you, especially if you bring the paper from court.

Good luck and keep us posted about your interviw. :)

i did not include the traffic tickets on my N400. When I went to the interview, I disclosed it to the officer right the way. She asked me "Why didn't you put on your form?". I said I did not know. Then she asked me "How did you know now?" I said i searched the info on the net. :D