New Status Message

rkanagala

Registered Users (C)
I see this new status message for my case after a gap of almost 1+ years... Any thoughts?

On July 9, 2003, the results of your fingerprint review for your I485 Application to Register Permanent Residence or to Adjust Status were received, and processing has resumed on your case. We will mail you a notice if further action is needed, or when a decision is made.

My RD is July 6, 2002 and I recently updated my Address(CoS).
Other than the COS, nothing changed from my end.. I did my FP in aug 2002 and it is strange that i got this new message now..

Does this mean that my case got allocated to an officer?

Normal change of status

The status message generally changes from Recieved->FP sent->FP recieved->RFE sent->RFE recieved->final status

when you get a RFE sent, it implies that your case was allocated to a officer

D1203, I believe you left out a few steps...

You said that the processing stream is:

Recieved->FP sent->FP recieved->RFE sent->RFE recieved->final status

I think it is more like:

Recieved->FP sent->FP recieved->Transferred->RFE sent->File Lost->RFE recieved->File found to be wrongly transferred->RFE2 sent->RFE2 Received->RFE2 mislaid->FP2 sent->RFE2 found->FP2 Received->Proof of small furry animal sacrfice received->final status

:D

I got the same message. Does it mean I am one step close?
Will the message change back to "... it will take 530~600 days to process this ..."

Any comment is appreciated!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Originally posted by GreenGuy

I see this new status message for my case after a gap of almost 1+ years... Any thoughts?

On July 9, 2003, the results of your fingerprint review for your I485 Application to Register Permanent Residence or to Adjust Status were received, and processing has resumed on your case. We will mail you a notice if further action is needed, or when a decision is made.

My RD is July 6, 2002 and I recently updated my Address(CoS).
Other than the COS, nothing changed from my end.. I did my FP in aug 2002 and it is strange that i got this new message now..

Does this mean that my case got allocated to an officer?

GreenGuy

I had the same message exactly, including the date July 9th 2003.

My ND is Aug 21st 2002 and FP was given on Sep 24th 2003.

I am also trying to find out from various sources about the implication of that message

Re: GreenGuy

Please! Anyone knows something?

How many two years in our lives to wait for sth?

Originally posted by gcard2002
I had the same message exactly, including the date July 9th 2003.

My ND is Aug 21st 2002 and FP was given on Sep 24th 2003.

I am also trying to find out from various sources about the implication of that message

jimiye,

Relax and go on with your life. The message just means what it says. It certainly does not seem to imply that you have to wait another two years. The waiting time may very well increase or INS may find yet another ruse to delay things unreasonably. Whatever they throw at you, there is nothing you or anybody can do other than getting a good laugh out of the absurdity of it all.

Good-luck.