New Social Security Number

YVILLANUA

Registered Users (C)
Question: My husband has very good credit on a ficticious social security number. When he gets his EAD, he will apply for a true SS number. We are trying to buy a house when he gets his SS Number. How does his credit history get transfered to the new number?

ficticious social security number

Hi,

I could not understand how your husband could get a 'ficticious social security number'. Can you explain how he was able get SSN.

I do not think you can transfer credit history from one social security number to another. If that is possible you can buy credit scores on ebay!

No, he didn't get a ficticious number from the social security administration!!! He made it up when he got to the US and that is what he has been using ever since in order to be employed. However, we were under the impression that the ss office will transfer the information from one ss number to another, or the creditors, something like that. That is what I was asking.

Social Security Number

Hi,

In my opinion, it is preferable to discard the old SSN he was using and start using the SSN which he is going to get now. It may not be possible to transfer credit history from the old number. May be other forum members who have come across similar cases may shed some light.

YVILLANUA said:
No, he didn't get a ficticious number from the social security administration!!! He made it up when he got to the US and that is what he has been using ever since in order to be employed. However, we were under the impression that the ss office will transfer the information from one ss number to another, or the creditors, something like that. That is what I was asking.

I would not try to transfer credit from one SSN to another SSN. Also, you would want to be careful to whom you are divulging this information to. First, your husband was illegally employeed with a ficticious SSN and second, if the ficticious SSN belongs to someone else, your husband could land himself into more trouble due to identity theft.

Last edited by a moderator:
minn_labor said:
I would not try to transfer credit from one SSN to another SSN. Also, you would want to be careful to whom you are divulging this information to. First, your husband was illegally employeed with a ficticious SSN and second, if the ficticious SSN belongs to someone else, your husband could land himself into more trouble due to identity theft.
I think the OP's husband could go for the hatrick:
1) Illegal employment.
2) Identify theft.
3) Fraud

YVILLANUA said:
Question: My husband has very good credit on a ficticious social security number. When he gets his EAD, he will apply for a true SS number. We are trying to buy a house when he gets his SS Number. How does his credit history get transfered to the new number?

My advice is it will be better for your husband to run away from this number now. But either way his past will come back to hunt him some day in the future. On thing you have to know is we are living in the information age. Every thing we do leaves traces that can be discovered and being traced back to us.
The penalty on misused identity is really harsh. It can go from jail time, fines, and even revocation of immigration benefit. If I were your husband I would not even try to think about this number anymore.

To be honest, I find it hard to believe that the original poster either doesn't have the intelligence to realise that her husband has comitted a potentially serious crime, or does, but has the audacity (and total lack of morals) to not be concerned about it.

These forums exist to help honest people through the minefield of immigration law. They are not to help people break the law.

YVILLANUA said:

I think, this is a serious crime. This fact will be discovered sooner or later.
I would recommend your husband to go to SSN office and admit this to them, maybe then the punishment will be less, sooner you will do it, better....

It's a crime to use false SSN. You've stolen SSN and now you're asking for advice to still credit history, you've guts! Your husband would face serious charge if authority knows it.

I do not mean to be rude or dishonest. I do know that there are many people that come to the US and the only way they can work is through a made up SS number. People have got to work. They really don't mean harm. I apologize if this offended anybody, but I work in a predominantly hispanic community and know of many immigrants using made up numbers to be able to work.

YVILLANUA said:
I do not mean to be rude or dishonest. I do know that there are many people that come to the US and the only way they can work is through a made up SS number. People have got to work. They really don't mean harm. I apologize if this offended anybody, but I work in a predominantly hispanic community and know of many immigrants using made up numbers to be able to work.

I don't think anyone out here was offended by your post. People were just trying to give you the right information. You live in an information age even if you realize it or not. Wherever you go and whatever you do, you are leaving a trail for yourself. We can just give you advice but how you and your husband proceeed is totally upto you guys. You can try to transfer the good credit from the illegal SSN to the legal SSN. I can not tell you how to do it. I am not sure if credit checking companies check if the SSN is legal or not when they do their checks. If you get caught, you could land yourself in even more trouble.

Hopefuly, someday, someone will have a fix to check if the SSN used is legal or not.

Please don't ask us to sympathize with your case. And, I don't even want to think of the nightmare legalizing illegal immigrants will cause to thousands of legals immigrants who are waiting for their GC's patiently the legal way.

YVILLANUA said:

I guess now you realize that there is no real cure for the disease. So you must draw your own conclusion. But what surprise me in all this: you knew that you have done something illegal. Now that you have an opportinuty to be yourself you still want benefit from your illegal past which you should know that can cause you more damages.
Like I told you yesterday, other people repeated on this forum your husband past will come back to hunt him in the future for sure. One way or another he is going to get cut and may face deportation.

Good luck!!

ficticious social security number

Hi,

I could not understand how your husband could get a 'ficticious social security number'. Can you explain how he was able get SSN.

I do not think you can transfer credit history from one social security number to another. If that is possible you can buy credit scores on ebay!
A fictitious social security number refers to a made-up or fake identification number that mimics the format of a real social security number (SSN). A social security number is a unique nine-digit identifier issued by the United States government to its citizens, permanent residents, and certain temporary residents.

Creating or using a fictitious social security number is illegal and can lead to serious legal consequences. Social security numbers are used for various purposes, such as employment, tax filing, and obtaining government benefits. Providing false information, including a fake SSN, can result in fraud charges, identity theft, and other criminal penalties.