new situation in Miami stamping

TSC_JAMES

Registered Users (C)
Most of previous posting talked about going directly to the Miami district office without appointment and getting the stamping done. But I heard that a friend tried to do the same thing yesterday and was turned away.

A even strange thing happened today when I tried to make an appointment through InfoPass. I choose "To speak to an immigration officer" and the confirmation give the new location:

Location: Miami Customer Service Center, 6445 NE 7th Ave, Miami, FL 33138; North Entrance.

And there is a note at the end, saying:
Please note that we have moved. Our information office, The Customer Service Center, has moved to the address shown above. If your appointment is on or before July 30 2004, Please report to the district office: 7880 Biscayne Blvd, Room 100. ...

One thing worries me is that if it is customer service center, it may not handle the actual stamping of passport. Can somebody find out what's going on?

In miami there are teo door, if you go on first door which is not on main road then you need an appointment but if you go on first door which is on main road then you don't need any appointment. Just show your id and say i want to speak to immigration officer thats it and go inside. At the second floor u will require to put ur receipt inside a box and ur name will be called after 30 min. I did it on 19th of July. No problem.

Prabhu

TSC_JAMES said:
Most of previous posting talked about going directly to the Miami district office without appointment and getting the stamping done. But I heard that a friend tried to do the same thing yesterday and was turned away.

Like P252 asked which entrance was your friend turned away from?

A even strange thing happened today when I tried to make an appointment through InfoPass. I choose "To speak to an immigration officer" and the confirmation give the new location:

Why do you want to get an appointment for Inquiry? Try renew Green Card

One thing worries me is that if it is customer service center, it may not handle the actual stamping of passport. Can somebody find out what's going on?

I visited Miami office on July 15 dont know if things have changed. Checkout my experience here