New processing time available!!

Miracle ???

Let's be realistic.. the dates are moving but there are no approvals !!!

---------------
RD 02/18/03

With regards to I-140, what CaptainR says is right. That report is a bogus one. We had called the 800.. number, and as usual it was answered by the representative who will see nothing more than what we do. And as per her, she said that currently USCIS is behind by 30 days from what they reported (I wonder how she could even answer this question).

But when I see Captainr's case is of Feb 18, 2003. Even that information given by the representative is wrong.

Just curious, CaptainR did you give a call to the USCIS (800) number. Because they do recommend you to call if your receipt date is about 30 days past than the reported.

Well one more interesting thing, when we were on phone, and were enquiring about the I140, the rep. asked us what type of a case was this, and when we said it was 140 (filed by the employer), she said that it is the Sponsorer (Company) who had filed, and they should contact us, and not you.

Hopefully this is not a new RULE, as they keep changing every second.

One other doubt I had - if any one of you are sure or aware of this please let us know.
As per the new rule of approving 140 and 485 together, which Receipt Date is considered. I keep seeing only about finger prints and name check is complete. In some of our cases, I am sure, that Finger Print and Name Checks are complete. Will they approve the 485 when 140 is due, or wait for 485 to be due to approve 140.

I am not trying to scare everyone, I am just trying to understand the LOGIC.

Thanks

As far as the clarifications from immigration site notes, INS would approve both I140 and I485 TOGETHER when following conditions are met :

a) I140 and I485 shoudl be applied concurrently (concurrent or semi-concurrent does't matter)

b) I140 is not yet been approved

c) Finger prints and FBI name checks are sent and results are ready

d) applications are either received before or after April30 does not matter

e) Will follow the "processing time reports" of I140 for the purpose of adjudication of I140 and I485.

tejas said:
Just curious, CaptainR did you give a call to the USCIS (800) number. Because they do recommend you to call if your receipt date is about 30 days past than the reported.

If you recall, on April 28th the system screwed up and posted the dates of the California processing center. I took advantage of this and issued an enquiry caliming the 30 days has passed. Guess what, I received a letter 2 days later stating that my application is not out of process.

I called back yesterday, since the new dates are now passed my 30 days window. Guess what, they will not issue another enquiry until 30 days has past since my last enquiry. They won't even connect me to a CIS rep.

I decided then to write a letter to the BCIS office and I mailed it yesterday. I did not fail to mentione my I-485 pending after fingerprints results were received. My feelings is, they will ignore the letter. I will keep you posted.

Hope this helps.

---------------------
RD Feb 18, 2003 (EB3, Concurrent)
EAD 2nd just got approved
FP July 10, 2003
AP waiting for the 2nd approval

How do we know that FBI name check has been done ?

After FP is done the status message changes to say that .

But anyway to find out whether name check has been done ?

Tejas!!!!!!!

i called the customer service and to my surprise she said that
My employer or the lawyer shuld call if u want a status enquiry
Looks like this is a new rule.

Further the Way the new Pilot program will effect the folllowing cases only
1) exceptional ability
2)family based.

Texas Consolidated I140 Tracker

We have many threads running for Texas I140 and I485 cases. Don’t you think we can save time and efforts by posting only to one thread for all our questions and concerns for I140 and I485? I propose "Texas Consolidated I140 Tracker" to be the common thread. Do you agree with me?