New processing time at AILA - TSC moving like an ant

vidy5300

Registered Users (C)
New processing times are out for TSC at AILA. It says employement based is 5/21/2002. It just moved 1 week in 15 days.

vidy5300 said:
New processing times are out for TSC at AILA. It says employement based is 5/21/2002. It just moved 1 week in 15 days.

Well, they are working hard for 2003 filers....and improving efficiency in EAD and AP to keep the revenue stream open....

Actually, people I know who filed in late 2003 have gotten approved very recently (less than a year wait, on average). There are lots of approvals but it is hard to move the processing date because of "the forgotten" who filed non-concurrently. As long as these files remain unproccessed (lost? misplaced?), the "official" processing date will keep moving very slowly. Of course, the official date will eventually progress by moving the "forgotten" to regional offices or issuing bogus RFEs (which officially removes them from the backlog, hence allowing the process to continue smoothly).

In short, if you are a 2003 filer, relax. Your approval is coming soon. If you are a 2002 filer, your life sucks.

RD/ND Aug 2002.
3 APs, 2 EADs

apuhixi,

From your writing it looks to me that you are a very reasonable and experienced person as for as immigration matters are concerned. My ND is July 5, 2002. BY what time (eg Jan 2005) processing date will cross 08/05/2002, as this will allow me to bug my lawyer for some action for the bucks he got from me in 2000.

Thanks

KP
I-485 RD/ND July 5, 2002
FP No sir

Title is an insult to ants

Ants move really fast, compared to their size. An ant can move and object that is almost 10 times its own weight. So I think comparing TSC to an ant is an insult on ants.

If you want to describe TSC speed you can call it as "Continentel Drift" as one of the forum contributer called it. :) :)

apuhixi said:
In short, if you are a 2003 filer, relax. Your approval is coming soon. If you are a 2002 filer, your life sucks.

I agree totally. A co-worker of mine (ND late 2003) got his approval this week while I am still waiting like apparently so many other 2002 applicants. I'd call this "systematic unfairness" due to either incompetence and/or indifference. There's not much that one can expect from these institutions.

afe: at least you got your fp done already and your approval is just around the corner. You know my co-worker (had the similar ND for I-485 with me ) had the green card more than one year ago. I even haven't got a fp notice so far. I feel I'm really helpless to live and really don't know how and where to complain. Why people treat us like that??? Many of my neighbors with ND in 2003 have approved recently. I deeply hurts. Can we address this problem to the National Service Office or somewhere?

Peter2
ND 7/02
NO FP

peter2 said:
afe: at least you got your fp done already and your approval is just around the corner. You know my co-worker (had the similar ND for I-485 with me ) had the green card more than one year ago. I even haven't got a fp notice so far. I feel I'm really helpless to live and really don't know how and where to complain. Why people treat us like that??? Many of my neighbors with ND in 2003 have approved recently. I deeply hurts. Can we address this problem to the National Service Office or somewhere?

Peter2
ND 7/02
NO FP
Do you know anyone powerful inside the I495 beltway?

peter2 said:
afe: at least you got your fp done already and your approval is just around the corner.
NO FP

I wish you were right. My FPs expired a long time ago. :(

peter2 said:
I feel I'm really helpless to live and really don't know how and where to complain. Why people treat us like that???
NO FP

Personally, I feel the same way. As if I lost control over my life and there's really nobody helping me at all. Now, if you have the luxury of denial since you are not at immediate risk of losing your job, you could just not think about the situation and try to live your life as best as possible. Sometimes I feel this is the only way to cope with the situation. As I once was told; "Try to live with the things you can't change and focus on the matters where you can make a difference."

Emotions aside, I believe sociologists call this "institutionalized discrimination" against minorities.

peter2 said:
Can we address this problem to the National Service Office or somewhere?
NO FP

I have no hope whatsoever here. I believe nobody cares about our plight. My company lawyer has written a letter to our congress man. I fully expect the standard answer: "Wait for your turn!". Everything else would be a big surprise and really help me regaining trust in the system. Now, at the current rate my "official" turn could be a long time away and even then I have very limited options as we have seen with 2001 applicants. That's why, I pay taxes etc. but don't think anybody is representing my interests.
:(

living is difficult

I don't mind waiting- well actually I do mind waiting, but the thing that really drives me crazy is not being able to get on with your life- like buying a house, car, job changes, pets even- all of these things are on hold in case I get denied and sent home. I only today had another slap in the face when I am looking to continue my education- blah=blah- have to process you as an international student unless you have a physical card, and of course that means a whole bunch of other complications. So I have to just wait- like all the rest of us "older" filers. :mad:
sometimes it is hard to be cheerful

jacquelina said:
I don't mind waiting- well actually I do mind waiting, but the thing that really drives me crazy is not being able to get on with your life- like buying a house, car, job changes, pets even- all of these things are on hold in case I get denied and sent home. I only today had another slap in the face when I am looking to continue my education- blah=blah- have to process you as an international student unless you have a physical card, and of course that means a whole bunch of other complications. So I have to just wait- like all the rest of us "older" filers. :mad:
sometimes it is hard to be cheerful

I have made all these same experiences and share your feelings. My wife also had issues getting accepted as a "non-international" (they call it in-state) student.

With regards to buying a house, I think you "only" risk losing money in case of a forced sell of the house. Therefore, I haven't bought a house yet. However, yesterday I read a document on the CIS' web page that listed the rights of LPRs; among them owning property. I can't really believe that you have to be a LPR in order to buy a house? That would be really news to me.

Certain banks don't give you loans if you are not an LPR or citizen. When you fill out the application you have to declare it. There is a question that asks you that. I had to have a U.S. citizen co-sign for me to even get a car loan to buy a car, because they wanted to see my passport and I had an H-1 visa.

Thats unbelievable xyz2375! They are not supposed to ask your "status"
in the US to provide you loans. All they need is an SSN with which they can
look for credit history period.

Thats sickening to know that they are denying car loans because you are not
a PR.

I had the similar experience in DFW area. I am planning to buy a house and contacted a lender for pre-approval. One of the lenders happens to be an ex-recruiter and he knows the whole nine yards of h1b, etc. So, he was asking
me how come I get to live in this country for eight years with h1b visa? I
was like "Whats your problem mister?" and he responded by saying "You get
to stay here on h1b only for 6 years.". I told him that that's none of his business and terminated the call.

There are some jerks out there who think too much of themselves these days.

I would say, if somebody is bugging you like that (for example denied a car loan), ask them to give their reason in writing (stating that your are denied the loan because you are not a PR). When you ask that they will double check with their mangers and even the top level management and find out they were wrong. If they happen to provide a letter, you just won a million dollars. Sue their a$$ for a million dollars. If you are lawfully present here (i.e. H-1, EAD etc) they cannot discriminate. You can sue them for discrimination from not providing you equal credit.

Well, if that path seems to be too difficult. Of course you can walk away telling them "You lost my business, I know such and such banks can give me a loan. I am going there".

loans and houses

I have been told that my non-permanenet status prevents them giving me long term mortgage- admitadly I found one who was willing- but the rates were outrageous. Same for buying a car- I had to get a co-sign when I bought a car when I arrived six years ago, now the car is due to die, but I can't get a good rate on a loan- they all are now asking for proof of residency- if no proof- then no 'deal'. Also as mentioned above, you risk losing money should you have to break off loans.

I don't mean to complain, but sometimes it gets you down. Thats why this forum is so supportive- makes us realize we are not alone and others (unfortunately) share the same experiences.

best wishes to all for speedy approval :)

jacquelina,

You may have to do wider search for loans. I never had any problem in getting mortgage or car loan. I bought my house two years into H1. Did not have a problem in getting 15 years mortgage. Since then I have refinanced numerous times. My interest rate is comparable to Citizens and PRs. I doubt residency would be a factor in the interest rate. Yes, they may ask questions (in addition to the questions in the mortgage form) about residency, but if they don't understand the situation, you can move on to the next lendor.

As for international or in-state student status, yes you need to be a PR to be considered as in-state student.

Not true. Atleast not in NC. I did my my MBA from NCSU, Raleigh, NC on H1-B as in-state student and saved bunch of money on fees. On top of that my wife (H4) got her in state app denied, we appealed , got it reversed and she also got in-state status. We went to a committee, presented our case and they decided in our favor.
You should know how to fight and present the facts.

austin_eda said:
jacquelina,

As for international or in-state student status, yes you need to be a PR to be considered as in-state student.