New PR application submission

rahul.bhide

Hi, Rajiv/Group

I am going to apply for PR for Canada next week.
Here my brief profile.
Working in USA on H1 Visa both husband and wife and my points are 72. Hence I think on that front I should be OK. My question is
1. Do I need to send attested copies of my experince letters.

2. My police clearance is still in process both in india and usa. Should I go ahead and send all rest of my application. Will my processing start ??

3. Since I comfartably qualify should I add my parents in my application. My father and mother along with my wife. Will it impact or delay on processing. My parents are in India.

Regards,Rahul

Applying for Canadian PR

I am in USA working as software engineer. I would like to apply for canadian PR. I looked at canadian buffallo website. According to website, if I just have qualified experience, then I have to apply as below.

If you only meet the criteria of 1), (that is, you do not have arranged employment or at least one year of Worker/Student status in Canada), you must submit your application to Citizenship and Immigration Canada's Centralized Intake Office (CIO) in Sydney, Nova Scotia, Canada. Instructions for doing so can be found on the CIC website.

So, here are specific questions.

1. Where do I have to apply? Buffallo office or CIO, canada office?
2. As, software engineer, which job title is appropriate in skilled worker category. I tried to find one at below link, but could not find the appropriate title.
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/apply-who-instructions.asp#list

I really appreciate your reply.

Thanks.

The principal applicant should take english test IELTS, General or Academic Module. Have the police clearences, include spouse birth certificate/ grade 10 board certificate indicating DOB.

This will help to avoid delay, they have almost made IELTS mandatory to have more objective evaluation of english to award points.

I applied on 02/15/2008. Mine has gone through after doing all above when CIC asked me for IELTS score. Initially, I also thought I score 72 points, studied in English medium starting from grade 11, I am PhD (India), spouse is BS. After taking IELTS they waved interview, and sent medical forms.

Abhuda

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks Abhuda. As a skilled worker category 1, do I have to apply to the Canadian office in Sydeney as mentioned in my previous message?

Hi,

I am also getting ready to send my application. After doing some research i now understand that applicants in category 1 should send their applications to Sydney for initial processing. Once determine that an applicant is eligible to apply they forward the application to the appropriate visa office for further processing.
As far as i undestand we need to send only the application to Sydney. Than later they request all additional documents (criminal record check, language test, etc).
Please correct me if i am wrong.
I have a question: I took IELTS back in Nov. 07 Can i use the results of that test or should i take it again. I read somewhere that the results should be no longer than 1 year old. is that true? or can i send them the old results and wait to see what they say?
Your thoughts are appreciated.

sandypatel101,
I have no idea about category 1. I do not know if this is a recent change. I am in US and had applied to Buffalo office and gotten approved.

Abhuda

Abhuda,

did you apply under the Federal program? How long did it take for you application to be approved from the time you submitted your application? Thanks.

Hutch,
It took 8 months, if had taken IELTS earlier would have taken only 5 months.
----------------

Abhuda,

did you apply under the Federal program? How long did it take for you application to be approved from the time you submitted your application? Thanks.

Re: Information Regarding Police Clearance Certificate

I am applying for Immigration for Canada. Can anybody provide me information on obtaining police certificate from US. I am living in US at the moment.

Are we supposed to obtain PC at the time of applying or once CIC asks us to submit them.

There is one more doubt do we need police clearance from both FBI and State?

Please clarify??
Thanks

Tank1977,

I believe the immigration process has slightly changed over the past year. I presume you are falling under the Federal Category 1 (if you already have an job offer from a company in Canada, the below information is not relevant to you)

You will have to send the initial application to Novia Scotio, Canada. They no longer will accept your initial application at Buffalo. The Application is processed at Novia Scotio to see whether you qualify for Category 1. You will have to send the filled application with your fees. But the police certficate, educational copies, and medical certificate aren't required at this time.

The CIC will decide whether to accept your application, and only then will you be required to submit the police certificate.

You will have 120 days from the day the Canadian consulate asks you to submit the application, to get all the necessary documents to the correct consulate.

It is necessary to get police clearance from FBI, but I am not sure about the state clearance.

Good luck.

NB: all the information i have gathered is from the canadian immigration website. Please go through the website for complete information.

I am applying for Immigration for Canada. Can anybody provide me information on obtaining police certificate from US. I am living in US at the moment.

Are we supposed to obtain PC at the time of applying or once CIC asks us to submit them.

There is one more doubt do we need police clearance from both FBI and State?

Please clarify??
Thanks

Hi Tank1977,

I am also getting ready to submit my application under Federal 1. From what I know you do not have to get police clearance for your state. FBI clearance is sufficient since all states send their information to FBI. Plus, you don't have to worry about any of this until Canadian immigration requests it from you.
I have a question:
One of the questions on the application asks for the years of formal education. Do you know if I should include elementary and high school in it or is it just education after high school? thanks.