New policy will delay fingerprint scheduling until 9 months after the date of filing

eb2_I485_RD0901

Registered Users (C)
By Jennifer Hopkins August 20, 2003

According to the American Immigration Lawyers Association's (AILA) liaison questions to the Texas Service Center (TSC) on July 7, 2003, there is a new system in place to try to avoid requiring adjustment applicants to be re-fingerprinted. Until recently, fingerprint appointments were being issued within only a few months of the filing of Adjustment of Status (AOS) [Form I-485] petitions. This was causing problems because by the time the petitions were being adjudicated (2+ years), the fingerprints needed to be redone. The new policy will delay fingerprint scheduling until 9 months after the date of filing.

So, don't be too concerned if someone you know got their fingerprint appointments more rapidly than you...you may be able to avoid the hassle of needing to have repeated appointments!

Information posted on AILA Infonet at Doc. No. 03081443 (Aug. 13, 2003)

http://www.usvisanews.com/memo2122.html

My I-485 was filed in August 2002 (RD August-2002) and no finger prints so far. When I called TSC in June the Rep asked me to call back in August (as I'm completing one year by August) ,if I don't get finger prints by then.

Now i can't call TSC. Whatelse I can do to get the finger prints.

Experts please advice me.

sairam4599

I think you are not alone to worry about, because I am also an Aug 2002 filer and at that time, I alongwith four others got immediate finger-prints and all the four of them got adjudicated, except me, within 2-3 months (Oct, Nov, and Dec 2002), while my application always said, "FP received and processing resumed."

The bulk of other applications for my date still show that "application is received and it takes 990-999 days." So, I guess, when you do receive your FP shortly or later, you can be reasonably more assured that adjudication may follow suit. Hopefully :)

delay FP 9 months
FP valid for 15 months
Therefore, TSC is saying they expect to process cases in 9+15 = 24 months.
Yeah, right! I wonder when this will happen.

W8NC
RD Nov. 2001

2 poongunranar

Dude... What do you mean?? Do you think the case should be adjucated around 3 months of giving the FP's???

later

neha123

Nope. I didn't mean it that way. I meant to say, that bulk of applications around that time-period (August 2002) is still having "990-999 days" status and sairam4599 is not the loner to be afraid of not getting FPs. And as a trivia, I told him, that for my own date in August 2002, there were only around 5 FPs that I could track at that time, that were issued within a fortnight, out of which 4 got approved within 3 months and I being the loner in not getting approved. I never expected mine to get approved so fast, because TSC has its own way of magically doing things.

Hey Guys

Dont worry about this, because TSC is following it for Past 2 plus years except for few lucky ones picked randomly.