New Law: Change of Employer during the labour process with another...

IMI

Registered Users (C)
Hi All,

As all of us would be aware that
(1)labour processing has slowed down drastically after the Sepember 11th tragedy.
(2)As per a new law it is possible to change your employer after the labour is cleared.

In wake of this I would like to put forth the following...

My company(consulting) filed for my labor in June 2000. As of date I am getting an offer from the company(client) where I am consulting. I would not want to leave them because of a bad job market as It may be difficult(almost impossible possibly) to get another project later on.
If I do not join the client they most probably will hire another person. If I do join them my Green Card processing would be affected.

What is advisable to try and save my job and the time already spent in the processing of the Green Card(advertisements and labor)?

Any suggestions as per the new law of transferring employer for green card processing after tabour?

Labor approval at present seems to be stuck?Any thoughts on how it is expected to progress?

Regards,
IMI

No such law!!!!!!!!!!

I do not think is there any such law, where you can switch job while labor is in process. You must work for the employer who is sponsoring for your green card. Remember if you cheat you may get stuck and loose your H-1b visa forget about green card.

No Title

Any one Else to Comment on It. I was told all this stuff by my attorney.

Regards,
IMI

You do not obtain GC portability until 6 months after the I-485 has been filed, assuming the I-485 h

The LC and the I-140 belong to the employer. The employer can use an approved LC for another qualified employee but if you leave the company, you get to start a new LC.

Jim

James D. Mills
Attorney at Law
jdmills@justice.com
732-644-5702

What if I would like to join the company in future...?

Hi Jim,

Thanks a lot for your response.

On second thoughts.

What if I would like to join the company in future and have two Green cards filed...One from each employer...

Appreciate your help.

Regards,
IMI