New Job in other state with different Service Center. Change Address?

Best option

• Move, file change of address with CIS

Votes: 3 100.0%
  • Move, keep existing address

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Move, give friend's address in FL to CIS

• Keep family in FL, work in MD

• Total voters

takhyon

Registered Users (C)
Hi, I'd be grateful for some advice on this.

I have an approved I-140 and it's been >180 for the I-485. I'm currently in Florida. I have accepted a job offer in Maryland. I'm concerned about the change of address in terms of lost mail and change of center. I have 4 options:

1. File the change of address AR-11 and notify CIS about the change of address by phone and mail. The concern here is that some people have reported still receiving mail at their old addresses, also concerned if Service Center will be changed and if that would create problems and/or delays.

2. Move to MD, file AR-11, but keep the current apartment, paying the rent, etc. Have someone check mail once a week.

3. move to MD, file AR-11 and give CIS a friend's address in Florida. Similar concern as (1) about mail being sent to old address, but Service Center shouldn't change.

4. Leave family in FL, work in MD for 4 days a week, spend 3 days a week with the family in FL. No change of address. Obviously, this is the least desirable option.

I would not make the greencard stop my life. It is legal to accept the offer and move, just follow the procedure and notify CIS.

My I-485 has been pending for 4 years. I hope this does not happen to you, but if it does, you'd be paying double rent or away from your family for a long time. Also, i think option 3 is risky, it will sound fishy that you are not using yr address

Hi too_long. Its really long iin your case. My I 485 filed Sept 2002 (EB1-OR) no info...looks like name check.) I fully agree with you. Life shouldn't stop becoz of GC...althought it is a nuisance to move jobs/addresses and hope that things work out. BTW, what measures are you taking to expedite your case (other than send the standard letters to INS which is just thrown away). What is their reason for this extended delay in processing?? :confused:

multiple excuses a sample of responses to inquiry
1. sent to supervisor
2. pending
3. no respnse
4. yr 1485 is pending I-89, go to local office and complete it
5. oops, the I-89 notice is a mistake, please wait

recently, a texas officer told my name check is cleared. and told me to wait

Wow! I wish you good luck.

Do they change the Service Center when you move to a different jurisdiction?