New INS Commissioner

shamshon

Registered Users (C)
There is a new INS commissioner! He is Hispanic and thus he may know what it means to be an immigrant and wait for the green cared forever. Here is a clip of the news from another web site:
"On November 25, 2002, President George W. Bush announced his intention to designate Michael J. Garcia to act as Commissioner of the Immigration and Naturalization Service. This designation was effective on December 1, 2002. Mr. Garcia replaces outgoing INS Commissioner James Ziglar, who resigned in August 2002 but offered to remain in his position for a few months following his resignation."

It is not a big deal.

First, he is NOT the new INS commissioner. He is the ACTING commisssioner. Second, he cannot do anything about the 10 year wait even if he wants to.

Originally posted by canterbury
It is not a big deal.

First, he is NOT the new INS commissioner. He is the ACTING commisssioner. Second, he cannot do anything about the 10 year wait even if he wants to.

at most he could accelerate our cases' processing time a little bit...considering the current INS efficiency's damn damn snail like~

Hey , i'm just kinda wondering why u guys didnt follow up my post whose name is "COME IN"???

if u read that, and send letters to ur homestates' senators, i believe that we'll get more chance to eliminate that limitation issue!:eek:

Kelvin,
Unfortunately, I live in a state where there is a majority of corn-fed republicans who hate seeing a brown man like me among them. The senators and congressmen are all republicans - the same type as that idiot Trent Lott. It is useless to contact these folks especially that they are so hysterical these days and will not even respond to my letter. If I live in new york or California, things would have been different and I would have been more active. As a matter of fact, when I used to live in California, i contacted Senator Barbara Boxer (democrat) who had contacted the INS and inquired about my case. I was pleasantly surpirsed because I got my interview date 2 months after she contacted them. Now, I am in a freaken republican state where everyone stares at me when I go to the freaken malls because I am olive skinned.

Originally posted by kelvin2088
at most he could accelerate our cases' processing time a little bit...considering the current INS efficiency's damn damn snail like~

Hey , i'm just kinda wondering why u guys didnt follow up my post whose name is "COME IN"???

if u read that, and send letters to ur homestates' senators, i believe that we'll get more chance to eliminate that limitation issue!:eek:

Originally posted by shamshon
Kelvin,
Unfortunately, I live in a state where there is a majority of corn-fed republicans who hate seeing a brown man like me among them. The senators and congressmen are all republicans - the same type as that idiot Trent Lott. It is useless to contact these folks especially that they are so hysterical these days and will not even respond to my letter. If I live in new york or California, things would have been different and I would have been more active. As a matter of fact, when I used to live in California, i contacted Senator Barbara Boxer (democrat) who had contacted the INS and inquired about my case. I was pleasantly surpirsed because I got my interview date 2 months after she contacted them. Now, I am in a freaken republican state where everyone stares at me when I go to the freaken malls because I am olive skinned.

too bad...:(