New info. from Garden City New York.

hm11

Registered Users (C)
Recently I got a chance to talk to a USCIS officer in reference to my friend's pending oath ceremony. First of all, the officer was extremely nice and professional. He advised us to write a letter of status inquiry with attention to your interviewing officer. He also said that it is mostly a pending name check and there is no set time limit to get clear.
The bottom line is that one should have patience and persistence. And of course lots of best wishes from every body.
I thought this may be interest to those applicants waiting for oath here in Garden City and elsewhere in the US.
Good Luck.

hm11 said:
Recently I got a chance to talk to a USCIS officer in reference to my friend's pending oath ceremony. First of all, the officer was extremely nice and professional. He advised us to write a letter of status inquiry with attention to your interviewing officer. He also said that it is mostly a pending name check and there is no set time limit to get clear.
The bottom line is that one should have patience and persistence. And of course lots of best wishes from every body.
I thought this may be interest to those applicants waiting for oath here in Garden City and elsewhere in the US.
Good Luck.

My wife had her interview last week, and her oath date is next Monday. I was interviewed 2 months ago, still no oath letter in the mail.

And my online status is still showing "Application received on...it usually takes about 360 days to process.......", this I don't understand.

For those with name check pending, would "decision cannot be made" checked on their N-652? I have "Congratulations..." checked on my N-652. I really don't know what's up. :confused:

Pet2 said:
My wife had her interview last week, and her oath date is next Monday. I was interviewed 2 months ago, still no oath letter in the mail.

And my online status is still showing "Application received on...it usually takes about 360 days to process.......", this I don't understand.

For those with name check pending, would "decision cannot be made" checked on their N-652? I have "Congratulations..." checked on my N-652. I really don't know what's up. :confused:

Oath notificationcan take anywhere from 1 month to 1 year. The best advice I can give you is that keep writing to them. (Specially in your wife's case)

You will recieve your oath letter soon. You are in the que waiting for oath. I am surprise they did not ask you to collect the oath letter on the same day.

No need to worry, just be patient and wait. I know its hard but what other choice do you have. Good luck to you and your wife.

hm11, thank you. You're right that there isn't much we can do except keep writing to them. Thanks to their slow motions, I have missed the deadline for signing up the police exam. By the next exam date, I will be 35, my application will not be accepted even if I am a citizen.

Pet2 said:
hm11, thank you. You're right that there isn't much we can do except keep writing to them. Thanks to their slow motions, I have missed the deadline for signing up the police exam. By the next exam date, I will be 35, my application will not be accepted even if I am a citizen.

I am very sorry to hear that you missed the deadline for police exam. My experience dealing with Garden City office is that you keep writing to them. This advice came from a very nice immigration officer in Garden City. And this officer was right.
I wish you good luck and hope that you get your Oath letter soon. Most probably your oath will be in Brooklyn Cadman Plaza. They give you notice as early one week before the oath. So be ready for this kind of timing.

Good luck.

Hi Pet2,

Would you please kindly post your and your wife's timelines, like priority date, interview date etc?

Thanks a lot!