New here - question

batde

Registered Users (C)
:confused: I am new in the forum and I have a lot of question. My husband would like to apply for a green card under the category national interest waiver. Maybe EB1. I am not sure yet. I try to find all information for him. I have a degree in law and I hope I will understand very fast the matter (sorry for my English, I’v been learning for 12 months only).
Here are information about my husband:
- he is a visiting scholar/postdoc at a University in USA – J1 visa.
- 10 years experience (incl. PhD) in the field – Batteries/Fuel Cells/ Renewable Energy.
- 4 Publication - first author and around 35 conferences.
- He will try to get 7-10 recommendation letters ( USA,Europe, Australia)
- One Patent pending in Europe.
- He reviews articles for an international journal.

What do you thing?
Is he qualified for EB1?
Is it ok to have recommendation letters from Europe and Australia?
Does he need evaluation of his PhD Diplom?

Thank you

Last edited by a moderator:
Well Qualifications for EB1 & NIW are entirely different set by BCIS.
Eb1-OR People in the past had diffculties (some got away too) with the combination of word Potdoc and VISA J1. Both goes against Eb1-OR as postdocs are not considered permanent job by BCIS and J1 are not considered work /employement VISA. Qualifications...are getting stringet but its all about presentation now. 4 publications are good if you are able to show good impact of those by papers/citataions and letters.If the patent is pending then might eb difficult to prove the impact but letter scan project potential impact. Letters yes will have major responsibilities in his case. If his phD dgree is in different lanuage he needs evaluation....does he have awards/citations/reviewer experience/published articles etc..over all he needs a lot to qualified as Eb1

I guess NIW will be relatively easy for him if his work is of national interest (which can be done), Letters can prove that he is the best candidate to do that job of nations interest.

Thank you

Thank you very much for your response. It’s what I thought. It would be easier to apply for NIW. His work is in National Interest – Batteries, Fuel Cells and Hybrid cars. (Economic perspective and National Security - the highest rank). It is probably important to get so much letters from USA as possible. His dissertation is in English but the PhD Diploma is not in English. Ok. I will start the paperwork process …. And we will see…..
Can I find somewhere sample recommendation letters and cover letters, beside DIY?
Can someone recommend an attorney in California?

Thank you again