New Here :p

Mhyles30

Registered Users (C)
Hi!! It's nice to be here and to get insights from people who had been in the process of citizenship. I have filed mine in the Nebraska Center and I have not had any problem so far (I am crossing my fingers now!!) :D

Here is my timeline: (not sure if that is what it's called)

Application sent:First week of March, 2006

Fingerprint: Third Week of April 2006

Interview Date: June 7, 2006

I am not sure of all the dates because I am not home right now and cannot look at my records, anyway-since my interview is getting closer I wish to get some more information from you guys. I noticed that the speeding ticket had been an issue for some-I had my speeding ticket about four years ago and I did not put that in my N-400 Application Form. I guess since, I paid for the ticket and did not contested it I thought it wont be a big deal now. Please let me know if I am wrong.

Also, I appreciate those who share specific information on what questions officers asks, I know that most of you said to know the 100 sample questions by heart and it'll be fine. Still-specifics gives us more confidence and let us not wonder a lot.

Well, so much with all this. I am happy to be a member here. Peace to you all!! :p

Mhyles30 said:
Hi!! It's nice to be here and to get insights from people who had been in the process of citizenship. I have filed mine in the Nebraska Center and I have not had any problem so far (I am crossing my fingers now!!) :D

Here is my timeline: (not sure if that is what it's called)

Application sent:First week of March, 2006

Fingerprint: Third Week of April 2006

Interview Date: June 7, 2006

I am not sure of all the dates because I am not home right now and cannot look at my records, anyway-since my interview is getting closer I wish to get some more information from you guys. I noticed that the speeding ticket had been an issue for some-I had my speeding ticket about four years ago and I did not put that in my N-400 Application Form. I guess since, I paid for the ticket and did not contested it I thought it wont be a big deal now. Please let me know if I am wrong.

Also, I appreciate those who share specific information on what questions officers asks, I know that most of you said to know the 100 sample questions by heart and it'll be fine. Still-specifics gives us more confidence and let us not wonder a lot.

Well, so much with all this. I am happy to be a member here. Peace to you all!! :p

Not sure what specifics you are referring to. Just go thru your the form which you filled out and send at the time of applying for citizenship, and if you
are truthfully aware of all the details stated therewith, there is absolutely
no need for you to worry..Also take the documents, which are stated
in one of the sticky post above and you are all set.. Unless, if you think
your case is a real complicated one, there ain't any need to be worried about anything if you are not hiding anything whatsoever..

I had my interview last Tuesday, after a year and half of waiting, and let me tell you it felt like I was opening a bank account. First thing, the office made me swear before answering questions. Then she gave me a set of 15 questions printed on paper. I had to answer in written. They were so easy...no dates, no amendments, etc. And then we just went through my application form and updated it. Since time of application I had married and moved twice but there was no problem with that. Since my application was not based on marriage, whom I married was not important to them. Then, I changed my name since I could not take the oath same day since I was in Virginia and live in DC and that was it. It took 30 mins but I had to wait for almost an hour to get called.
Words of wisdom: bring tax returns, bring everything you think you might need and also what you think is extra and only present if asked. It is better to be extra prepared and nervous and be surprised.
Good luck!
DC/VA service center
Notification: Dec 1 2004
Fingerprints: Feb 2006
Interview: May 9th, 2006
Oath: TBD

Thank you for the replies :) My interview notice indicated I should bring some paperworks...spouse birth certificate, my ss card, my green card, marriage and driver's license etc..-and just like you said fpettigrew I will bring other paperworks like tax returns and such just in case they ask. :p I think everything will be fine-I did not know that they actually do name check later on, seems like that caused delays for some people to get their oath letters.

Thanks again!!

Last edited by a moderator: