New H1-b approved... What now?

Bertie

I found out from the automated system at VSC that my H1-b was approved on 12/19 (EAC-00-284-XXXXX). The message said that approval notice had been sent to my employer. They have still not received anything.

What are the next steps for a new H1-b? I am in my native country. Are the papers sent to the consulate here or to me directly? How long does this whole process take? Anyone with previous experience, your comments would be much appreciated.

No Title

If your H1B was approved only on 12/19 wait a few days more for the approval notice to reach your employer. Because of the holiday postal rush it may take a little longer than usual. Check with your employer. You will need the original approval notice, a letter from your employer stating your job title, salary, location and a couple of recent paystubs or company ID if available. Other than the approval notice the consulate may not ask for any of the other items but its better you carry them along when you go, just in case.
Have your employer send the approval notice and letter to you at the earliest.

As for how long it takes, each consulate has it\'s own procedure but usually you can go without a prior appointment after filling out the non-immigrant visa application form, a photo and the documents mentioned above. All US consulates have websites so you can check the application procedure there directly. Go to http://usembassy.state.gov and find the link to your consulate.

Sam
---
This is a personal opinion only. I am not a lawyer and this message should not be construed as legal advice.

No Title

I\'ve called the US embassy in my native country and have been told that I have to wait for my H1B visa to be issued until the embassy receives the documents from INS. According to the information I was provided with t his takes 3 weeks on average. I\'m all confused now...Does INS sends the approval to my employer, to the US embassy or both. And when can I finally apply for the visa???

No Title

dear kati, i don\'t know pls be in touch my e-mail is= sunny@ebonet.net
pls try to be in touch as we both and there are many more who needs all these informations. pls try to get all information through your employer or HR. I WILL ALSO COLLECT ALL INFORMATION. THANKS

No Title

the lawyers say that it could take up to 2 weeks for INS to inform the consulate about my approval...let\'s wait and see...

No Title

If you have been approved by INS and your employer answered "YES" on Part 2,
4, AND provided the city and country of the consulate on Part 4 of the I-129,
INS will automatically notify the consulate of your approval.

If your employer is filing an extension or change of status, I\'m not clear
whether they will notify the consulate. Your employer may have had to file an
I-824 (Application for Action Upon Approved Petition) requesting that they
cable the consulate upon approval.

Check into it for sure. I\'m not an attorney just a person looking into the same
thing.