New Form I-539 questions

Neil B.

Registered Users (C)
Part 3, 4. ".....give the name of the petitioner or applicant" (TN status holders name goes here?)

Part 5. Signature. (as Part 1 is for TN holder as you indicate, is Part 5 for the TN holder as well?)

I don't mean to be simple about this, but the Form I-539 is for dependants of TN, and now I find out the TN holder actually fills this out...

Thanks.

Also, in Part 1. they ask " Date of last arrival into the U.S. "

Do they mean when the I-94 was issued, OR when you last left the country and re-entered?????

comment

Gunt, thanks for the feedback.

1) we don't have passports, never have, never needed them to get TN's (we are actually getting them though, in the process)

2) we haven't left the country for many months so I do not know when we last entered, ALSO, no one ever stamped our I 94, we only cross at P.O.E.'s and have never flown outside and re-entered. US border guards always look at the I-94 and hand it back unstamped. It also has " multiple entry" on it.

So, judging from your reply, last time we physically entered the U.S. ??

The " date of arrival " block is next to the I-94 block, so I am not clear if they meant date of arrival and issue of I-94, OR last time one entered the country...

sigh