New EDA and AP apporved

IWantFree

Registered Users (C)
Hi:

For your information

My family's AP and EAD were approved.

My EAD is RFE for "small" photos.. -_-

Anyway, in CSC, AP and EAD are quick now...

ND: Feb 03, 2004
EAD(s) : approved/REF: March 30,2004
AP: April 06,2004

forgot to say, my case is EB2 (not NIW)...

I-140/I-485 concurrent filed

Now, I'm waiting for I-140 .....

I-EAD and AP approved

Hi,

After waiting over 100 days for an EAD and AP from VSC, my wife and I applied at the Baltimore Office. We received the AP's within two days in the mail, and our EAD's about 2 weeks later in the same office.

My question: the AP says "expires on June 22 2005", but the text on the form says that the bearer may be paroled into the US until March 22 2005.

Which is the real expiry date?

Also, is there a limitation on how many days you can stay abroad (within limits sets by the expiry date)?

Any good/bad experiences at BWI, EWR or JFK airports with respect to re-entry?

Thanks for any inputs!
-Madhu

RD: Dec 03, 2003 (EAD and AP)

Waiting for AP...

applied at VSC ND 11/21/03, on-line still says 30 to 60 days to process this kind....

Can't they change the time period at-least to give some kinda info to us?

frustrating...

:mad: :mad:

Waiting for AP...

applied at VSC ND 11/21/03, on-line still says 30 to 60 days to process this kind....

Can't they change the time period at-least to give some kinda info to us?

frustrating...

:mad: :mad:

madhuvn

When you say "applied". Did you go there in person ? or did you mail any letters or such. Can you please clarify. Thanks

madhuvn

U mean u applied in local district office ? can u please post the details and documents submitted ?

Thanks.

Re: I-EAD and AP approved

Madhuvn,

Couls yuu please give me the detailsas to how you applied from Baltimore. Are you allowed to do that when your AP is pending in VSC. Mine has been pending for more than 120 days. Please help.

krishnaa
Originally posted by madhuvn
Hi,

After waiting over 100 days for an EAD and AP from VSC, my wife and I applied at the Baltimore Office. We received the AP's within two days in the mail, and our EAD's about 2 weeks later in the same office.

My question: the AP says "expires on June 22 2005", but the text on the form says that the bearer may be paroled into the US until March 22 2005.

Which is the real expiry date?

Also, is there a limitation on how many days you can stay abroad (within limits sets by the expiry date)?

Any good/bad experiences at BWI, EWR or JFK airports with respect to re-entry?

Thanks for any inputs!
-Madhu

RD: Dec 03, 2003 (EAD and AP)

AP from Baltimore

Krishnaa,

It was pretty straightforward. Go to the Baltimore office (31 Hopkins Plaza, corner of Lombard and Hanover Streets) with a copy of your receipt notices (AP, I-140, I-485), and 2 photos. Fill out a form there, and receive AP within a week or two in the mail.

It's a good idea to take the photos with you to save some time. Otherwise, you'll have to come out of the building to take pics, and getting back in a hassle with the lines at the security checkpoint.

Good luck,
-Madhu

Hi Madhuvn

I live in northern virginia. Can I go to baltimore or I have to go to a reginal office near northern virginia which is washington DC i suppose. Anyone with this kind of info please suggest.

Thanks

AP in local office

I think you'll have to go to the district office that has jurisdiction over your area of residence. I'm not 100% sure, but this seems logical, and in keeping with INS policies on other forms. So, I guess you'll have to go to Wash DC or some place in NoVA.

-Madhu

to madhuvn

Do we have to go there before the office opens (way in the morning)? I mean is there a long queue or its just walk in at any time

AP from Baltimore

No need to go way early in the morning, but it is a good idea to get there around the time the office opens. The security checkpoint lines aren't that long at any part of the day, but if you go late after the office has opened, you may (i) have trouble finding parking in the underground garage in the Fallon Federal Bldg, and (ii) have to wait an hour or more before your number is called.

I forgot to add in an earlier post: for AP, it's a good idea to take your passport as well.

-Madhu