New CDJ thread...

ZA Gal

Registered Users (C)
OK, good suggestion bhag, here\'s the new CDJ CP discussion thread then. Still no news from CDJ about my interview date, hoping to hear around the 15th...

Interview date

I called CJ 900 number this morning. They told me that I am scheduled for an interview on Dec. 13th at 8.00 am. They have also mailed an appointment letter to my home address on Nov. 9th.

Now my lawyer is preparing all the documents for me. According to my lawyer there is a change in Packet 4, part 2 form. She is not sure which one to fill up. So We are going to wait until mail from CJ arrives.

Details:
EB3 / INDIA
Packet 3 sent on June 28th.
Sent G-28 form on Sept. 10th
Received case number on Sept. 24th
Name check done on or before Oct. 22nd

Chakri.

PS: CDJ/ CJ is American Consulate in Ciudad-Juarez, Mexico.

Interview Date

Chakri, i just called CDJ. My interview is also on december 13th. They just confirmed that to me. Give me your email address so that we can prepare for the trip(if you dont mind)
Thanks
Shri420

me too guys...

got an e-mail from my attorney yesterday confirming my appointment Dec 13th at 8:00am.

Trip to CDJ

How are you all guys planning to visit Mexico? Do you get visa, or 3-day permit at the border, or use Victor Garcia, or else?

Name check messed up

Just returned from juarez. I had an appointment on Nov 14th.At the time of interview i was told that my first and last name got interchanged and that i have to come again..God knows whats goin to happen now. Guys, pl. make sure that this doesnt happen to u and confirm with them that they have ur names right.

Mel Sundar

Mel Sunadr,

I think everything will work out good for you, proof is you returned back to US.

Please give us more details about name check messup. Where the names are changed? I think you must have labor, I-140 and packet3 & 4 as per your passport. Did they give a new appointment date?

Thanks
chakri.

Another question for Mel Sundar.

Mel Sundar,

When you were coming back to US, did you use I-94 or multiple entry visa? What I mean to ask is do you have valid multiple entry visa before going to Juarez?

Thanks
chakri.

Guys

I am new here. I applied my I140 for CP in Chennai. I am close to getting approved. I really dont want to go to chennai. I wanna go
to CJ. Can I still go for an inteview in CJ?? If soo what should i do
... Are they still accepting applications?? Please post all your details here..
Thanks a bunch

Appt. letter

Hi, Chakri and Shri,

Have you received your appointment letters? If yes, what was the postmarked date?

No Title

Yooper we did not receive our appointment letters yet..we will post it once we get the letter.

I-94

Hi Chakri,
The problem was my application and passport everything had my name correct. The consulate messed up, by swapping my first name and last name. When I went there, I was shocked to see my first name and last name was swapped in their name check notes. They said they have to redo the name. The process would take anywhere between 7 to 10 days. My advice to you guys is to call them up and find out how the name check has been done.

Regarding your I-94 question, The visa in my passport (H1) expired but I had extension of my H1. I just showed my new extended H1 and they allowed me inside.

Jan interview dates

I am expecting interview in Jan 02.( EB 2 )
Any one in similar situation?
Called CJD consulate last week, asked to wait untill 2nd wk of Dec to find the date.
Happy Thanksgiving
( recommend to read Editoral in todays NYtimes by Thomas Friedman )