New Beast - Infopass....How to get a damn appointment for Newark NJ

gc_majburi

Registered Users (C)
Guys,

I am sick and tired of this Infopass website. I have a feeling that CIS has a dedicated team to come up with creative ideas to screw legal immigrants' peace of mind under the garb of making our lives easier.

Anyway, does anyone know how th hell should I get an appointment get my passport stamped ? Adding to the existing headache, I have to take 2 appointments on the same day and that is akin to finding an eskimo in Somalia.

Any way to beat this screwed up system ?

Cheers

Infopass

hi cheers,

i'm in the same boat as ur..let me know if you find some info on this..did you get the hard copy approval in mail yet or not..

RD - 4/16/03
ND - 4/24/03
I485(VSC) - 9/19/2004

thanks,
bobcam

I had my stamping done on 9/15. If you can get there ona wednesday, you don't need an appointment. Your approval notice indicates a time between 8am - 12pm. Make sure that you get there by 7.30am at the latest. There is bound to be quite a few people waiting in line. However, I got done by about 12.30pm. It works on a number system. They inspect your documents first and give you a ticket. You are then called by your number for background check. This typically takes anywhere from 30 - 60 mins. You will be called a second time by the same ticket number and your passport will be stamped. Thus, the earlier you get there, the better.

Good luck

Jai Gurudev!

Last edited by a moderator:
thanks for your input. But I also read some other forum user's experience that they were not allowed to get the stamping without an infopass appointment ? The approval notice says, just be there on a wednesday between 8:00 - 12:00 pm. Was no one denied stamping the day you went ?

jai gurudev said:
I had my stamping done on 9/15. You don't need an appointment. Your approval notice indicates a time between 8am - 12pm. Make sure that you get there by 7.30am at the latest. There is bound to be quite a few people waiting in line. However, I got done by about 12.30pm. The earlier you get there, the better.

Good luck

Jai Gurudev!

Hi Jai,
Can you please tell me if you have original copy of approval notice or courtesy copy?, My lawer did not get original but I have courtesy one
Thanks

I don't think anyone was denied an entry on the day I went and I thought the place was packed. I am not sure about other locations in US but at the Newark center, it was pretty much, straight forward. My advice to you would be to get there as early as you can.

Also, remember to take two front face passport photos. The approval notice asks for mug shots and they are not accepting them anymore. Costco is a good place. They are cheap and those guys were amazing. They were aware of these changes and told me so when I went there for these photos. Being paranoid, I took both types just in case, but I had no use for the mug shots.

Last edited by a moderator:
Info Pass Tips

1. Info-pass is not a must , if your Approval letter gives you specific day and timing (example Wed 9:00 to 12:00 ), you can walk in at that time . But you may save some time by taking info-pass . Those who have used info pass at Newark may be able to comment on how much time it takes to get the stamp , when you use info-pass . Watch for my post on “stamping Experience at Newark “ for info on stamping without info-pass .
2. Every individual , needs separate appointment .
3. If you need multiple appointments at the same time –
a. First take one appointment , system gives the first available date , if the date and time is not suitable , try another time . Available Dates and times keep changing as appointment slots get filled in . Print your appointment .
b. Once first appointment is taken – delete all the cookies from your browser .
In Internet Explorer – click Tools –Internet Options - Delete Cookies (under 2nd paragraph – Temporary Internet files ) – click OK (for the question Delete all cookies in the Temporary Internet Files Folder )
C. For taking second appointment , DO NOT USE same home-phone and Email-address (My guess is system checks in the database ) , with new information entered you should be able to get another appointment on the same Date and Time (Worked for me )

Hope this helps .

MahatPurush

Guys,
I took Infopass appointment for me and my wife. It won't allow you to take 2 appointments at the same time. Then I did something like this, I took first appointment for me and then for the second appointment I changed the phone number to cell number(it was home number for me) and gave some other email address(different from mine) then it allowed me to take the second appointment for same day/time.

My appointment is on Oct 4th. I am avoiding going on wednesday's.

Thanks,
Infg20

Then I will give it a shot day after. thanks for your posts.

jai gurudev said:
I don't think anyone was denied an entry on the day I went and I thought the place was packed. I am not sure about other locations in US but at the Newark center, it was pretty much, straight forward. My advice to you would be to get there as early as you can.

Also, remember to take two front face passport photos. The approval notice asks for mug shots and they are not accepting them anymore.

The beneficiary gets a courtesy copy. The attorney gets the original. For stamping purposes the courtesy copy is fine. good luck !

jan32rd said:
Hi Jai,
Can you please tell me if you have original copy of approval notice or courtesy copy?, My lawer did not get original but I have courtesy one
Thanks

HI ALL,

DOES INFOPASS WORK AT ALL COZ I'M TRYING TO MAKE AN APPOINTMENT AND I GET THIS MESSAGE EVERYTIME....PLS HELP..

"At this time, there are no information appointments available for the office in your area. Please try back again later."

bobcam