Nelp needed with letter of support

doc1974

Registered Users (C)
I am married to USC and have a Interview for AOS on 15th Aug in Garden City. I am doing my clinical rotations and my husband is preparing for the boards .He has not been employed for this whole year and i havent worked also_Our source of income is from my private credit based student loans and help from his sister.He was working until last year and has been filing for taxes all this years and we filed for taxes jointly last year.
I have Affadavit of support from a co-sponsor.
Does my husband need to have a source of income or be employed,is it going to be a problem when we go for the inteview.

Married :Oct 2005
Filed for I-130,I485,I765:Dec 5th
Receipt Notice date: Dec12th
EAD approved :Jan 30th
Biometrics Done:June 6th
AOS intreview :Aug 15th

Your husband has to support you.

But you can help your husband support you. He can qualify to support you using your income.

All you have to do is convince the adjudicator that you will not become a public charge. That is all they care about.

My wife was unemployed when she filed the AoS. She claimed to support me using my money.

Does the primary sponsor HAVE to file US taxes? What if the primary sponsor (my mom) has not filed US taxes even though she is GC holder? I have a cousin who can act as co-sponsor and give affidavit of support??

As I understand it as long as your joint sponsor meets the requirements, you're good to go, regardless of who filed what taxes when.

Your husband is the primary sponsor. In order to sponsor you he can use your joint income (since you're one houshold), which he proves by showing his tax returns.
In case your income doesn't meet the requirements, a co-sponsor can file an affidavit of support. And again, the ability to sponsor you has to be proven by showing his tax returns ...

You might want to read more here http://www.uscis.gov/graphics/howdoi/affsupp.htm#whois