Needs Help Regarding GC new law of 6-months

bansalma

Hello Folks-
Looking for a advice regarding my Green card processing after getting the EAD and advance travelling parole. Right i got my EAD and company is still continuing it but my question is if in case i decide to change the company or company lay me off after 6 months of filing the I-485 which is next month in my case. What is going to happen to my GC processing i mean :
1] Can i still continue my GC processing by myself without a job or still looking for a job.
2] Do i need another employer to continue my GC from the point where they left because i changed the company or tehy layed me off.
3] Do i need to go back to India or do i need another H1-B and start all over again.

Basically what i\'m trying to ask what if after 6 months of filing my I-485 and getting EAD can i change empolyer or not if yes then what is going to happen to GC processing ( stage I-485 ).

Quick reply without abeyance will be highly appreciated.

Thanks
Manish.

Needs Help Regaring new law of 6-months rfor GC processing....

Hello Folks-
Looking for a advice regarding my Green card processing after getting the EAD and advance travelling parole. Right i got my EAD and company is still continuing it but my question is if in case i decide to change the company or company lay me off after 6 months of filing the I-485 which is next month in my case. What is going to happen to my GC processing i mean :
1] Can i still continue my GC processing by myself without a job or still looking for a job.
2] Do i need another employer to continue my GC from the point where they left because i changed the company or tehy layed me off.
3] Do i need to go back to India or do i need another H1-B and start all over again.

Basically what i\'m trying to ask what if after 6 months of filing my I-485 and getting EAD can i change empolyer or not if yes then what is going to happen to GC processing ( stage I-485 ).

Quick reply without abeyance will be highly appreciated.

Thanks
Manish.

Answers

Sort of. You must have a permanent full time position immediately available whenever INS asks about it. Remember, your GC is employment based so you have major problems if INS asks about your employement and all you can say is that you\'re looking for some.

See answer above. You need a similar position, even under AC21.

It depends. If you don\'t have any sponsoring employer, your I-485 may be denied.

Jim

James D. Mills
Attorney at Law
jdmills@justice.com
732-644-5702

GC Processing after laid off

Hello Folks,

Looking for a advice regarding my GC processing. I went for my finger prints in the last week of December, 2001. I have been working with one Government Department through my sponsoring Company till 9/11, and after that incident we all consultants lost our jobs. I am still with the same Company, but we could not find another project so far. Company stop paying me right away, but they did not fire me. However, as far as I know, still they are trying to find a project for me. My questions are:
      1. Will there be any delay by the INS of processing my GC due to my laid off?
      2. Will INS investigate my working situation before they issue my GC?
      3. Can my Company stop paying me? Also what will be there explanation to the INS? Is it a requirement for my Company to tell my laid off to the INS?
     4. Normally how long it will take to get GC after finger prints?
Chan-

GC Processing in Malaysia

Hello,

With the current situation, is it advisable to go for CP processing in Malaysia? How about premium processing at I-140 stage. My attorney said that it will be implemented in May 2002. Will it be more problematic and tighter checks if I-140 applied thru premium processing? Appreciate if someone from Malaysia (been for CP in Malaysia) can give some advise on CP processing there...

Thanks,

Sangar Subramaniam