• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Needed income for a comfortable life in the US?

Needed Income

• $20,000

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • $30,000

Votes: 3 10.7%
  • $40,000

Votes: 3 10.7%
  • $50,000

Votes: 4 14.3%
  • $60,000

Votes: 7 25.0%
  • $80,000

Votes: 5 17.9%
  • >100,000

Votes: 6 21.4%

• Total voters

Tazmania

Registered Users (C)
I know, this is a subjective question and depends on the region where somebody reside, but I'm curious about your answers :)

I used to get by with 500$ a month when I was in college and single. Now I say 40000-50000 if you do not have house payment. This is for a family of three. I live in midwest btw

There is a bit too much regional variation to answer that poll.

USD 24K may get a family far in Dallas, but it won't in Los Angeles or New York.

I just read on yahoo that even families with income of more than 250 000 dollars per year are in the jam so go figure ; lights in this country are fading out fast !!!

I just read on yahoo that even families with income of more than 250 000 dollars per year are in the jam
Then you read about idiots, I guess.
lights in this country are fading out fast
Thats your impression which based on your experience that you did not get a job. My is different and I think the U.S. will recover soon from the crisis.

Then you read about idiots, I guess.

Thats your impression which based on your experience that you did not get a job. My is different and I think the U.S. will recover soon from the crisis.

Mine and about 20 millions of others who are also looking for ANY kind of work ;Recovery will come eventualy but who will be around to cheer ?not many I guess!