Need your Valuable Advice ....

usindian2004

Registered Users (C)
Hi,

I am looking for job and GC processing also. One of the company is ready to take me and they have pre approved labor. But they are asking hard cash ?

Is it usual ? Can some one,who have same scenario or any of your friends have done like this, advice me ?

Thanks !

Originally posted by usindian2004
Hi,

I am looking for job and GC processing also. One of the company is ready to take me and they have pre approved labor. But they are asking hard cash ?

Is it usual ? Can some one,who have same scenario or any of your friends have done like this, advice me ?

Thanks !

I do not view your situation lightly. But what the company is
asking of you is unethical at the very least if not downright
illegal!

Substituting the labor is a facility given by INS to help the
employers and not meant to be used like this.

My suggestion would be to stay away from this company.
If they are so brazen now, just imagine your plight once the
petition is filed and you are squarely in their grip.

Goodluck with your job search.

Raju

It may look unethical up to some extent but if the company is good make use of it. Illegal people are getting all the benefits in this country. If you have no choice if you believe the company is good you can go ahead.
Try to gather information about company. They should not leave you in the middle of water. Take care.

Nothing wrong trying to work this out if no choice ..

My advise is to take this offer if you don't have any other choice. And do not hesitate to leave the company and also the US, if this compnay palys games with you.

It is worth taking a one year break and come back on a fresh H1 or join in a good company in India itself. Atleast there will be Peace of Mind.

I'd avoid the company like the plague. I know of one company that appears to be selling GCs for $12,500 and will apply for an H-1B for you after you agree to pay them $3500 up front and another $11,000 upon approval!

I'd give the website but I am afraid that someone may actually take the reference as an endorsement and use their services.

Only one most important thing is they should not revoke I-140 till it is approved. Apply for I-140, AP, EAD and I-485 all at once. Make sure LC specifications must match.

Once I-140 approved, you are free to change job and employer, if I-485 is pending for 180 days.

It's worth it if employer is honest. In some states, it is taking two to three years for LC to be cleared. If you can't wait, and no choice, you can pay upto $5K. You have to be sure, the company continues GC processing till I-140 approved whatever the situation.

At present, in VSC, it is taking upto 16 months for I-140 to be cleared.

Wow, it is amazing that people are actually advising someone to go to these sharks!

usindian2004,

Simply put, don't do anything illegal. Stay focussed on things that matter to you like your life and family. Residency in the US is something that will come. You don't have to buy it. If INS for some reason finds out about this company and your transaction, you will be seriously screwed. This company sounds like very bad news. I wouldn't go near them with a barge pole. What if they lay you off after taking your money, after all that is probably the way they got a substitute labor in the first place. Then they can re-sell that substitue labor to another innocent fool.

There are lots of jobs out there with good companies at good salaries, without any of these issues. Look around, you might just get lucky. Else, pay your dues, go through the labor process it is not that bad, and these days it seems to be picking up.

Don't let it get to a situation that your residency status rules your life. That is probably the worst thing you can do!

Originally posted by usindian2004
Hi,

Thanks !

In an ideal situation I would ask you to avoid joining this company. But if this is your only option, then go for it. But before making any kind of transaction get everything in writing.

Selling H1Bs and GC sponsoring is NOT something new. Everyone must have heard about this and many would of used such services. So depending on the credibility of the company there is no harm in using them.

hth
dyno

Is there anything illegal? Labor substitution is legal. Paying some amount to employer to use this opportunity is ethical or not is the only question? But the employer can use that labor for anybody as long as the LC requirements match, right?

Given the time you save for labor clearance, and the chance to apply 140, AP, EAD and 485 all at once, and the chance you will be free after your I-140 approval and you are free to switch employer using AC-21, and not going through the pain of applying for H1-B everytime you change employer, and if you are end of your six year H1-B term and desperate for GC, all these factors play a role.

Well decision is yours. I am not asking him to pay millions of dollars. I feel upto (including all fees, lawyer, application fees) $5K is worth it.

If the employer is honest and do not back stab you, I feel you can go for it.

I am advising this assuming the employer is honest. If not, then there is no need to trust.

Originally posted by z/OS V1.4
Is there anything illegal? Labor substitution is legal. Paying some amount to employer to use this opportunity is ethical or not is the only question?
Offcourse the practise of selling substitute labor certificates is illegal. It constitutes immigration fraud.

The only reason labor certificates are issued is because there are insufficient American citizens or permanant residents who are unqualified for the job. The INS can always ask the company to retest the labor market if they have a doubt about the case.

Please don't be party to encouraging people to do the wrong thing. There a number of companies out there hiring, it is just a matter of looking for them. The penalties for getting caught are not worth the risks.