Need your help

dgapall

Registered Users (C)
Hello,

I was laid off after completing 180 days in the I-485 process (EB2, ND Aug 2000, VSC). The company lawyer was based in Vermont. The company lawyer is not willing to handle my case anymore and I live in Bay Area, CA.

If I change lawyers to one in CA, can they still represent me under the Vermont INS center?

Thanks.

No Title

I guess you must be in the final lap of the race. Regarding your question about approaching another attorney to represent your case,
it depends on to what extent you expect the services.
1. Under normal circumstances you may as well get approved without an attorney..
2. In case of an RFE you may need an attorney just to reply to the RFE.
 3. If you are called for an interview like many others and would like the attorney to be with you then I think a local attorney would be ideal.
Wish I knew more to tell you.

No Title

It is better to know what is your EAC number, at least if you have receipt documents you are still better.

You would have given some authorization to your lawyer that he represents you. Hence, normally, the mails coming to him and not to you, even if it RFE.

You would have changed the address. Even if INS sends you documents, it reaches your old address, that will not be forwarded to your new address.

You must immediately take care of these things.