Need urgent help to fill up my N400 form

Hello, i am in a confusing position right now . I got employment based GC in 2015 so i am eligible for applying to the neutralization. While filling up the N400 form , There is a section where its asking "have you ever been charged with committing, attempting to commit or assisting in committing any crime or offense".

So in 2015 end when my previous company transferred some of their employees to another company they did some kind of agreement which we don't know and in 2016 suddenly we got a citation notice that there is a charge against the owner of the company for not returning the laptops. And our names are also there in the charge sheet. I checked with my previous employer as i have already sent an email to them in 2015 if i need to return the laptop or its with the new company which we were transferred. They didn't bother to reply me that time. Anyway so i returned the laptop and my name on the charge sheet was dropped. Also it was a false accusation by them which got dismissed by the court ( employee and accessories were included in the transfer).

So my question is should i tick Yes for the above question or No. I am confused . This is something that was never committed or assisted. more like harassment to the owner of that company and somehow our names are also involved unfortunately.

"Charged with committing" doesn't required that it was actually committed. It is always safer to list it if in doubt. If it turns out that it doesn't count under that question, then they will just ignore it.

"Charged with committing" doesn't required that it was actually committed. It is always safer to list it if in doubt. If it turns out that it doesn't count under that question, then they will just ignore it.
Thanks, yeah i am inclined to put this into the form but my only worry is if this will make delays to my application

Did you personally get a citation notice in your own name ? Generally a company is responsible for the conduct of their employee in matters related to business. For example, if employee of company X visits company Y and misplaces their laptop or damages their property, company X will sue company Y. The employee isn’t personally liable as he isn’t working in his personal capacity. However if an employee steals his own employers property, they can dismiss him and file charges. If your situation falls under the first category I don’t think you need to disclose as no charges were filed under your name personally