Need Urgent Help - Company filed Chapter 11

jagdish22

Registered Users (C)
Hello Everyone,

Need your advice,

I work with Company-A, which filed the bankruptcy last week, and they asked me to join my client or Company-B through which I am working at client site.

Company-A filed for my Green card in 2000 and 485 in Nov 2001. My Rd is 11/16/2001 and I have an valid EAD card expiring next year.

and I need valuable advice for following questions as I am confused with them ----

1. Can I join Company-B on EAD card, as its more than 180days filing for my 485.?

2. What kind of sponsorship do I need from Company-B? Do I need to ask them to file for H1B for me or I can join them on EAD?

3. What are the consequences of my joining the Company-B and What will happen if RFE comes for my 485 application?

4. Do I need any letter or some document to support the RFE if it comes in future (I hope, It won't !!!!!!!) ?

Thank you in advance !!!
help me, Please answer me ASAP ...

Jagdish

Here are my answers to your questions:

1. Can I join Company-B on EAD card, as its more than 180days filing for my 485?

Ans. Yes, you can join Company B on your EAD.

2. What kind of sponsorship do I need from Company-B? Do I need to ask them to file for H1B for me or I can join them on EAD?

Ans. You can join them using your EAD. Few companies are willing to sponsor H-1's. If they're willing to sponsor your H-1 that's fine.

3. What are the consequences of my joining the Company-B and What will happen if RFE comes for my 485 application?

Ans. Since it's more than 180 days after filing your 485, you don't need to worry, you can take advantage of AC-21. If an RFE comes, just submit whatever documents are required by INS, for example, they could ask either for latest pay stubs or an employment letter or anything else. Just ask your new employer for those documents.

4. Do I need any letter or some document to support the RFE if it comes in future (I hope, It won't !!!!!!!)?

Ans. The RFE can be for anything, so don't worry, take it as it comes. Besides, if your application is clean, i.e., without any glaring glitches most probably you'll directly get an approval.

So, relax and take it easy. Join the client or Company B on your EAD or H-1 (if they're willing to sponsor). Best of Luck!!

Thank you mavishka, Thank you very much !!!

One of my friend just told me that ... I will need to have H1B sponsership eventhough I have EAD card? Any idea on this? any idea where can I read regarding AC21?

and yes, I need to fly out of country next year, I hope I still can do it on AP ...... any idea?

thankkkkk you !

jagdish

Hey dma_va,

Thanks man !!

... but what do you/anyone think -- Will there be any problem for my case to go to India and come back in next yr on EAD ... or just EAD and AP will be okay to come back???

Thank U ....

Jagdish

If on EAD, u can work for any employer (within realms of ur stated expertise). AP is needed for travelling purposes in that case. U don't travel based on EAD, but based on AP.

Else, if working on H1B, nothing else is needed as usual.