Need to verify something/get some help ... before going to Vancouver to get my multiple entry visa

test321

I saw the following statement on this website. I\'m not sure if it\'s true or if it apply to my situition:

I came to US as a student with my F1 visa in Sept 1995 and I have never been outside US all this time. My F1 expiration date is Aug 2000. I have been on H1B since 1998 and I am now planning to go to Vancouver to get my multiple-entry visa. However, after looking at the below message... I am a little confused since I never heard of this before. Can anyone clarify this fact for me if you have been in my situition before.

NoteL The key point here is "border post". What is border post? Is the consulate in Vancouver is a "border post" ? I\'m confused. Please help.

-----------------------------------------------------------------
Individuals who have ever been out of status in the United States because they overstayed their visa or their I-94 are not eligible to apply at a border post. In other words, if you have remained in the U.S. longer than the period authorized by the immigration officer when you entered the U.S. in any visa category, you must apply in the country of your nationality. If you are not certain about your status, check with the nearest U.S. Immigration and Naturalization Service (INS) office.
--------------------------------------------------------------------

No Title

If you changed from F1 to H1B, did you not get a new I-94 card with that H1B approval?
Be very careful and do not go outside the US until you are very sure you can return. Make sure that you have not overstayed your I-94 at any time. Ask legal advice, and doublecheck all information you get. Do not trust your attorney or the INS or consulate people alone, make very sure that you are not in some "grey area" when you are subject to how the Immigration officer at the border will interprete the law.

Border post is the border crossing between US and Canada, where you will have to deal with some really mean INS guys, it is not the consulate in Vancouver.
I have been stuck on the Canadian side of the border twice, but managed in both cases to solve the problem. I was lucky both times, the end result could have been a complete disaster. I blaim both situations on bad advice, as according to the information I had got in advance, all papers were in order.

No Title

test123,

Please tell us why do you think you are out-of-status?
Did you not enroll in your school when in F-1?
Did you not work when in H-1?
Your post doesn\'t tell us what could have caused the violation of status.

"
I came to US as a student with my F1 visa in Sept 1995 and I have never been outside US all this time. My F1 expiration date is Aug 2000. I have been on H1B since 1998 and I am now planning to go to Vancouver to get my multiple-entry visa. However, after looking at the below message... I am a little confused since I never heard of this before. Can anyone clarify this fact for me if you have been in my situition before.
"