Need Suggestion from Gurus

plastic_card

Registered Users (C)
Gurus
Please help me. My H1 expires in Sep 2005. My I40 and 485 Applied on Sep 22 2003. So far my I-140 and I-485 not approved. I'm planning to go India in May and return in July second week. Should I apply AP. I know as per rule, If I adjudicated, my Status will change and H1 is Invalid. But at the port of entry does any one is checking this? Will it pose any problem, if I leave with H1 and before I re enter, If my case is adjudicated.

One more thing is, Even If I apply AP by feb 16th I'm not 100% sure that I will be Receving my AP by May 3rd.

Please help me.

You can go and come without AP.

Hi,

Last Dec 2004, I have entered back to US with my 7 days left over Hib 6 years period. Eventhough I have my AP, I did not show. Immigration officer asked me that 'Do you know that your Hib expires with in 7 days'. I said I know and told hi my employer already applied for extension. He said 'No problem'. He allowed me inside. There was no discussion on AP or immigration (GC process).

Thanks,

plastic_card said:
Gurus
Please help me. My H1 expires in Sep 2005. My I40 and 485 Applied on Sep 22 2003. So far my I-140 and I-485 not approved. I'm planning to go India in May and return in July second week. Should I apply AP. I know as per rule, If I adjudicated, my Status will change and H1 is Invalid. But at the port of entry does any one is checking this? Will it pose any problem, if I leave with H1 and before I re enter, If my case is adjudicated.

One more thing is, Even If I apply AP by feb 16th I'm not 100% sure that I will be Receving my AP by May 3rd.

Please help me.

thank you very much friends for your valuable suggestions. The reason I'm saying valuable is , this AP will cost $450 for me and my wife. So I can save $450. Once again Thank you very much.