Need Some Information on Parent's Visitor Visa

hp_panchal

Hi All,

Thanks for starting such a great portal.

I have not much knowledge about visa and all other stuff. I just arrived in the US 13 months before.

I am planning to invite my parents into USA for 2-3 months.

I have some of the questions in my mind. PLease help me to solve those.

Back ground of myself
I am on H1B visa. And working with COVANSYS and they had started my Green card process(Right now in PERM stage). I had arrived in US on Jan 05.
I am staying here with my wife and daughter.

Back ground for my parents.

My parents are staying in ahmedabad with my elder sister who has finished just graduations. My younger sister is married and have 2 kids. We are staying with joint family of another 8 members of my uncle's family tree.

Questions

Q-1. Apart from My Tax Return, Copy of W2 Form, Employer Varification Letter, I134 Form, Affidavite for support and My Bank Statement what other documents required from my side to provide at consulate?

Q-2. How much bank balance i should have in my bank account?

Q-3. Do my parents required to have some great bank balnace in their bank account in india? If yes How much minimum?

Q-4. My Father is working in private company and not getting paid much as we are from poor family. But He is working there since last 15 years. And he is at the age of 57. He have our home in ahmedabad on his name and we have a car on my mother name. Apart from this what kind of other property they required to show as solid proof that they will return back.

Q-5. Can my sister come on Visitor visa as she is only graduate and we are searching for her partner in india?

Q-6. What are the chances of the rejection of the visa in all the above scenario i mentioned?

Please guide me the best way i can get my parents here on visitor visa.

None of the above really matters!

Hello hp_panchal,

For parents to visit the US is not that comlicated at least for my families in past few trips here. Well, my parents are not very wealthy as well but he hold a post that took him almost every parts of the world including his Ph.D. from the Univ of Alabama. He is retired now. Being said that, when they applied for the visitors visa back in 2003, they did not bring any of the things you have mentioed. They just had invitation to visit me here in the US. Fortunatley, they all ( my parents, brother,sis in law) were granted visa. Interestingly though, my parents, and my brother were granted for 10 years open multiple visa but my sis in law was given for only 5 years. Although, they both are doctors and working back home.
So, no worries..have them go to the embassy with positive frame of mind, and they will take care of your family. You will see them soon.

Hi FLMAN95,

Thanks for your reply.

I am worried because my parents are not that much educated and my sister is not doing anything except helping my mother at home.

Will it make any effect to get visa to all of them.

Hi all
I would like to invite my parents.Im in H1 visa.In my passport my mothers name as martha and in her passport her name as mary.Any how and how to rectify it?Pl Im desperatively looking an answer for this.All the documents such as her degree,bank passbook back home are as Mary.Pl suggest me
Thanks
Anu

Then you need to update your passport
another way is to mention all the variations of name in other names used field of DS-156