Need some answers

gmlions

Registered Users (C)
Hi

I have just applied for my greencard through marriage to a US citizen. My questions are the following:

1. How long after i receive my Greencard can i become a US Citizen ?
2. Are my wife allowed to sponsor my parents ?
3. Am i allowed to sponsor my parents while i am a permanent resident ?

Thank you

Hi

When you get green card it will be a conditional one for two years, so the marriage if genunine

I think when you are 90 days before the two years is up you have to apply to have the conditions to be removed.

Go to www.uscis.gov and search it will telll you who can sponcer family based green card

Regards Sue
www.expatsvoice.org

All those answer are answered at www.uscis.gov:

1. Check on Naturalization. After 3 years of being a permanent resident and you are still married with the same US citizen you can apply for citizenship but there are other requirements that must be met like physical presence, etc.

2. What do you mean with sponsor your parents? like apply for them for permanent residency? No.

3. No.

NeShawn said:
You can sponsor more than one immigrant. Income and household size has to meet guidelines. I know of people who have sponsored 3 persons. There is a limit though
Was there a question about sponsoring more than one immigrant?

You asked if your wife can sponsor your parents. I know of people who have sponsored more than one immigrant. The person who sponsored me has sponsor 2 other people before. There is a limit though. Of course financial eligibility and household size for sponsor is required. Good luck on everything and may God bless you.