Need some advice on RTD

asyleeUS

Registered Users (C)
HI Folks,

I got asylum approved last year. My asylum was pending for 1 yr before that so in July I applied for advance parole for travel purpose. Incidiently, after submitting the application for advance parolem, my asylum got approved so my lawyer said to now file for Refugee document. So 15 days after I filed for advance parole I filed for RTD also. One of them came in like 5 weeks as I had to travel immediately. I went out of US in Aug and retuned in NOV. In hte meanwhile , my lawyer mailed me syaing that they recieved a second travel document from UCIS with a expiration date of OCt. So I had two travel documents. I used the ealier one and did not use the new one.

Now in April I sent back the older one to renew it as it was expirining in July. They send me a RFE stating that they need the OCT one back before they can start processing a new one.

I want to know what should I do as I need to travel by end of this month. I already got visa's on the new one. If i return this one I will have to wait probably another 4 months or so to get it.
What should I reply. I have to submit evidence by July 22nd and I wont be back till then to return this.

Any suggestion or comments please.
Thanks

Well I would say use the oct one to travel and forget about renewing the july one ..I mean is good to have two but I think it's pushing it too much ...You can't have the cake and eat it too :)
asyleeUS said:
HI Folks,

I got asylum approved last year. My asylum was pending for 1 yr before that so in July I applied for advance parole for travel purpose. Incidiently, after submitting the application for advance parolem, my asylum got approved so my lawyer said to now file for Refugee document. So 15 days after I filed for advance parole I filed for RTD also. One of them came in like 5 weeks as I had to travel immediately. I went out of US in Aug and retuned in NOV. In hte meanwhile , my lawyer mailed me syaing that they recieved a second travel document from UCIS with a expiration date of OCt. So I had two travel documents. I used the ealier one and did not use the new one.

Now in April I sent back the older one to renew it as it was expirining in July. They send me a RFE stating that they need the OCT one back before they can start processing a new one.

I want to know what should I do as I need to travel by end of this month. I already got visa's on the new one. If i return this one I will have to wait probably another 4 months or so to get it.
What should I reply. I have to submit evidence by July 22nd and I wont be back till then to return this.

Any suggestion or comments please.
Thanks