need of information of interview.

hopegcfast

Registered Users (C)
Hi, guys.
I will have the interview next Feb after long time waiting.
So, I want to know anything, everything about the interview.

1.What document do I need?
2.What do they ask me during interview.
3.What should I wear for interview.

Actually, I and my wife have one year joint tax report and one joint bank accout only. Is it okay?

Please, let me know.
THank you.

My interview is next month as well...
They want me to bring the following-
Tax return of both of us, Birth certificate and marriage certificate of both of us, our passports, arrest records and the letters of interview. and anything which can prove our marriage relationship and arrest records.

I have prepared as much as I can, however, I dont have any arrest records so I dont know what I am going to do with this. The documents which will be under our name are our health insurances, car insurances, credit cards. The leases is under his name only, It used to be under both of our name, but he went to renew it himself while I was at work.. the utility charges are under his name, cos it is paid by his company check. But we had lots of cards love letters while we are dating before.. not sure whether that counts.
:confused:

What is anything which can prove marrigae relationship?
I have lots of wedding pictures, and wedding video.
Is it okay?
I have two documents under me/wife names which is joint bank accout and tax report. These are only what I have. We use individual health insurance, car insurance, credit cards. Also we live with parents' house, so there is no our name on it.
Please, let me know it.

I just got my Adjustment of Status last week! :D

Our interview was last December. My application was filed in August of 2002. So in total it took 17 months. I got my passport stamped this morning, and should get my card within the next 12 months! :eek:

Our interviewer wanted copies of our most recent tax returns - for the years he did not already have in my file. Documentation showing that we share bank accounts or credit cards (combined statement). We also brought all sorts of other documentation which he did not ask for.

He did ask if we had taken a vacation recently, and since we had he asked for evidence of the trip - particularly photos. We did not have any photos of our vacation with us, but fortunately since we traveled abroad together we had our passports stamped when we re-entered the US it was sufficient evidence. Since we are homeowners he also asked for evidence of a joint mortgage. Which we provided.

He asked me if I had any reason to change any of the questions on the application. Which I did not - he asked me if I remembered the questions on the application - which I did... :)

We were done in less than 15 minutes.

IMHO - they are looking for evidence that the marriage is not bonafide, and probably gauge more your reaction to questions than the specific answer you provide.

Hope this helps - This is simply a representation of my experience, your experience may vary significantly from mine.

Make sure bring as much proof of marriage as you can. Wear formal cloths...something nice, not too formal, not too casual. No no to jeans.

Bring the last 3 years tax returns from the person who sponsor the alien.

If you don't have enough things, try to get 2 person affidavit and notarized that they knew you both and attend your wedding.

Try find any letters or cards that send to both of you from friends or family.

Bring gathering pictures with friends and relatives that have both of you in it. The main key, don't panic...BE PREPARE with your documents.

Good luck. I'm not a lawyer, pls act accordingly.