need J1 statement of reason

Hi Amin,

I'm not sure that you can use my statement of reason as most likely mine would be different from yours. My statement was simply because I want to go back to US as my partner is living there and I want to join him. That's why I don't think you can use mine. It doesn't need to be so well written and formal. Just explain your main reason for applying the waiver.

Good luck

Hi Rose

Thanks for ur answer.Well can we also write that we want to work in the united states that is the reason we applied for waiver?Will it be cause any problem?Please guide us.

Hi mickeey,

Sorry that I can't guide you or give you any answer as I don't know so much about what you should put in your statement and what not! Of course if you are applying for the waiver because you want to work in US and already have a sponser then you should mention it but if not then I don't know...Totally depends on your situation.

Hi Amin,
I can tell you how I started the process but again I should tell you mine was based on No objection from my home country and my reason was because I want to join my partner who lives in US. I don't know if you have a sponser for job (getting H1, working visa) or something else and honestly I don't know so much about those cases. Here is what I started:
Go to the State Department's website:
https://j1visawaiverrecommendation.state.gov/accessController.asp?page=7
and fill out the application online
At the end bunch of filled out forms will be created in pdf format
Make sure to save it somewhere in your computer
print all the forms
One of them needs to be send to your home country embassy (that was my case, don't know about your!)
Mail rest of the forms to US State Department, there is a instruction on the website and also on first page of created pdf forms.
When you fill out the form online at the end you will also get a case number and with that you can follow your case on DOS's website.
That's about all you can do rest of it is out of your hand.

Hope that helps. Good luck