Need information on landing/Pr card

sonali_b_23

Registered Users (C)
Hi all,

I recently got my Canadian Immigration. I am planning to cross the border by Road. My Immigration visa stamp in my passport
says "One Entry". I have blood relatives living in Canada and while crossing the border I can give their address.

My Question is.

1. Can I come back to USA (has valid H1B stamped) and work.

2. Does the border people take away my I94.

3. How to re-enter Canada in future.

4. These new PR-Cards will they mail it the address given or
do we need to pick-up personally.

5. In case of personal pick-up.. can we authorise some one.

Thanks in advance.

Sonali

1. Can I come back to USA (has valid H1B stamped) and work.

Yes, if you have a valid visa stamped on your passport.

2. Does the border people take away my I94.

NO.

3. How to re-enter Canada in future.

You will need your PR card. Have your relatives mail it to you via a courier.

4. These new PR-Cards will they mail it the address given or
do we need to pick-up personally.

They will mail the PR card to the addr you give.

5. In case of personal pick-up.. can we authorise some one.

They will mail the card.

Thanks dimple.

I have an another question after going thru various discussions in this forum..

I read that if the photo for PR card is not clear or not upto specifications then cic will call for taking a new picture and in this case I will be in USA by that time.. How can we go back to canada
to visit CIC.

Can I give recent photo's at port of entry to overcome this problem. The reason is I took the pictures using my digital camera and got the passport size done. I didn't use professional services.

Thanks again

It happened to me. My friend recieved a letter from CIC that my photo is not as per standards and I have to come to local CIC office within 5 business days to finish those formalities. In case if I fail to comply this, then my PR card processing will be much delayed. I called up CIC and spoke to agent. she is very polite. I told her that I cannot attend this time and asked her to send a message to local CIC office that I will be able to come end of June. she told that end of June I will receive another letter with the interview date. I asked her for any emergency purpose if I go out of canada will I be needing visa to enter again. she told me to get emergency travel document at Embassy abroad and enter canada. Basically it is a transit visa for single entry worth $50.

I assume she is right in this visa issue. If anybody has similar experiences, please post their views.

Sonali, I suggest you take 4 photographs at the time of landing and ask the agent at the immigration check point to take the photographs. If he says these are not good, then ask him to take the photographs there itself. Normally they will take your photographs at the por to entry. If they dont, then ask the officer. I did this mistake of not asking them. That's why I am facing these photo problems.