Need info on EAD renewal

NAND01

Registered Users (C)
Hello

Appreciate a response to the foll question:

My EAD expires on Jan 26th 2002. I have applied for EAD renewal and I have still not recieved the approval. I applied for EAD renewal on 11/23/01.

Can I go to the nearest ASC and renew it personally, a week or two before the actual expiration of EAD?

If not, what are my options?

Thanks

You will need three month after the INS received your application

I don\'t think ASC will do the renew for you in person. Local INS office will require three-month pending period before you can apply for an interim EAD card. You may want to contact Congressman\'s office to see whether they can speed it up for you.

Experience in EAD

Do not hesitate to try getting from local ASC. Try it out, request that it will be a problem to remain not working in today\'s job situation to the IIO. I am confident that they will provide you a interim EAD. I got mine last year when it was 60+ days since i had applied my EAD. Take the receipt notice or postal acknowledgement card if you have to show the proof of applying the EAD.

Good Luck. HK

Thank you

Thank you HK. I definitely think that it is the spirit of folks like you and Kan that keep this board going.

Appreicate your response.

Best Regards

EAD renewal - questions?

Hi folks,

If we file for EAD extension does that not automatically count? Do we have to physically have the card before the current card expires? My present EAD expires Jan 1st week, still haven\'t received the EAD renewal approval. It is only 60 days after ND. It took more than 20 days from RD to ND in my case? Any advice? What will be our work status in this condition?

Thanks for your time.

EAD renewal application does not count

As far as I know, you have to have the approval and the card.
Please check with your lawyer.