Need info on amended I-140

kolhapuri

Registered Users (C)
Can somebody educate me on the amended i-140? I need to file for an amended i-140 due to change in ownership of the company that I am working for.Is amended i-140 just an attachment to the original approved i-140 which gives details about the change in ownership etc. which is reviewed at the time of the 485 approval process. Or does it need to go through the entire approval process like the initial i-140?

any info would be appreciated.

thanks

i140 amendment

the i140 amendment is a process in which they reinstate that the company wa bnought over and the new name of the company is so and so.
once u get ur old companies i140 approved u can still go ahead and file the 485 and then wait for the i140 amendment which goes on parallely so what i mean here is that the amendment will not affect ur processing time at all.and by the time ur 485 is going on u will get ur i140 amendment approved too.for me it took about 3 months or something for the amendment to be approved but in the mean time i had already applied for the 485 using my old i140

amended i-140

My 485 was filed in 09/01. This ownership change happened in 12/01. so between now and then they were getting the paperwork done. Now they are ready to file the amendment.

Just out of curiosity what if they start processing my 485 and my amendement is not yet approved?

Thanks for your response.

once they apply....

once they apply for the amendment ur 485 will not be approved until ur amendment is approved.
the other thing is that if u have already applied for 485 then probably u can get away without filing the amendment if u have crossed the 180 days mark.this is my 2 cents but I do not know whether these blood sucking lawyers will agree to this.