Need Help....

aflatoon

Registered Users (C)
Hi everyone,

I have a strange situation that I am in. I landed in canada in end of 2001. I was in US on H1 at that time. Now my wife came in US after my landing but I was married before it. I am planning on sponsoring my wife and wondering if this would be a problem. Any help is appreciated.

If you got married after you received your immigration papers (landing papers), you should not have any problem in sponsoring your wife.

If you got married while your immigration process was going on, you have misrepresented your case to the CIC about your marital status and that will cause problems.

Can anyone else confirm/deny/correct my above statements?

i recently had my immigrtion interview and was told my the officer that any time before landing if i get marraied i have to inform them.

or else it will taken as misrepresentation and my PR can be revoked..............

as long as u have landed and after that if u get marraied its fine...........but anytime before that u have to inform CIC

hope it helps

aflatoon,

As dimple2001 and ram123 stated, you have lied on your PR application about your marital status. If CIC realizes this your PR could be revoked.