Need help!!!!!!!!!

orchis

Registered Users (C)
Hi everyone,

We decided to apply for the green card, EB2, in June this year, 7 months into my H-1B visa. I also worked for two years for the same company, from my country.

We chose the same lawyer who managed the H visa, and paid the first part in early June. The lawyer came with a prospective salary which meant an increase of 13K in mid June. She let my boss know but unfortunately the boss imagined that the increase would take effect after the labor certification. This caused nothing to happen until August, when I luckily corrected the situation, letting my boss know that the salary is only in effect at the end of the entire process. I also let him know that there are ways to slow down the process if the salary increase seems too much.

Then in August the lawyer let us know that the salary jumped in June meaning an increase of 17K. Do you know of an increase in salary for EB2 in June?

My wife asked my lawyer for a status email every week and after that the lawyer was bother by the wife requirements. What are do you think about this?????It is normal to ask every week what happen with your green card process or not????

Thank you!

That is exactly my question!! The lawyer my husbands company hired to manage the LC and GC told us upfront that we are not supposed to contact him AT ALL. If there is something to tell, he will let us know. Well, that was 3 and a half months ago. I have no clue what is he doing (if anything at all)! Should I contact and ask for update? maybe not every week, but at least once every 2 months?

orchis said:
Hi everyone,

We decided to apply for the green card, EB2, in June this year, 7 months into my H-1B visa. I also worked for two years for the same company, from my country.

We chose the same lawyer who managed the H visa, and paid the first part in early June. The lawyer came with a prospective salary which meant an increase of 13K in mid June. She let my boss know but unfortunately the boss imagined that the increase would take effect after the labor certification. This caused nothing to happen until August, when I luckily corrected the situation, letting my boss know that the salary is only in effect at the end of the entire process. I also let him know that there are ways to slow down the process if the salary increase seems too much.

Then in August the lawyer let us know that the salary jumped in June meaning an increase of 17K. Do you know of an increase in salary for EB2 in June?

My wife asked my lawyer for a status email every week and after that the lawyer was bother by the wife requirements. What are do you think about this?????It is normal to ask every week what happen with your green card process or not????

Thank you!

Once the lawyer has submitted I-140 and or I-485 applications, get your case numbers from your lawyer, go to the uscis website and create an account to track status change for your applications.

Hope this helps

What about before that? I am not even sure he is advertising the position. Is there anyway to check? Is there a place where these ads should be placed?

orchis said:
Hi everyone,

It is true that you should have been paid the prevailing wage from the date of labor certification OR the difference of $ amount between your current salary minus prevailing wage should be shown in form of net income or net current assets which could be proven by providing copy of your employer's corporate tax returns, this criteria has to be maintained all the way through your GC, from the date of labor certification until I140 & I485 adjudicates
Yes the increase took effect from july 06

Thank you!