Need Help

krish24

Registered Users (C)
I need your advice and suggestion. Here is my problem. My finger print date is March 10th but I have a surgery on one of my fingers. I think I can’t give the finger print of that finger. Would it be a problem? I am really anxious about this. Please help me out guys with your suggestion and advice.

krish24 said:
I have already had the surgery. Now I really don't know what to do.

I moved last september, and notified the INS. As usual, they sent my FP notice to my old address. I did not get it. They sent me another one. And the third time they were going to deny my case, but since I had a congressman working on the case, they cc'd his office. It's his letter I received and quickly went and got my FP done in my local DO.

Maybe you can delay the FP...Go to the FP office and explain your situation.

Worst case scenario, USCIS will send you another notice with a deadline...This is based on my humble experience.

Publicus said:
I moved last september, and notified the INS. As usual, they sent my FP notice to my old address. I did not get it. They sent me another one. And the third time they were going to deny my case, but since I had a congressman working on the case, they cc'd his office. It's his letter I received and quickly went and got my FP done in my local DO.

Maybe you can delay the FP...Go to the FP office and explain your situation.

Worst case scenario, USCIS will send you another notice with a deadline...This is based on my humble experience.

Thanks for your reply. I can give finger prints of my nine fingers. Does FBI need finger prints of all the fingers to do their job?

krish24,

Why not visit the ASC a few days before your FP appt and speak to a fingerprint technician . If they dont let you in, keep your appointment. How long do u expect to keep your finger covered ? If its within a month or so then you can consider postponing , otherwise its not a good idea unless you want to wait a long time for your Citizenship.

Rahul Kumar said:
krish24,

Why not visit the ASC a few days before your FP appt and speak to a fingerprint technician . If they dont let you in, keep your appointment. How long do u expect to keep your finger covered ? If its within a month or so then you can consider postponing , otherwise its not a good idea unless you want to wait a long time for your Citizenship.

Thanks for your reply. I think I will do that.

krish24 said:
Thanks for your reply. I think I will do that.
Go on your scheduled time, let them know about your surgery, and they will tell you how long you can keep that appnt.
My parents couldn't get their fingerprints taken, because they did not have any photo IDs. The immigration officer in the fingerprint office told us that we need to get photo ID's and go back for FP's anytime in the next 90 days.
She just put a note on FP letter, so we could get in when we go back.

krish24 said:
Thanks for your reply. I can give finger prints of my nine fingers. Does FBI need finger prints of all the fingers to do their job?

Yes, they need finger prints from all ten fingers :)

Anahi and fitness99

Thank you so much for your reply. I really appreciate your concern and advice.

krish24 said:
I need your advice and suggestion. Here is my problem. My finger print date is March 10th but I have a surgery on one of my fingers. I think I can’t give the finger print of that finger. Would it be a problem? I am really anxious about this. Please help me out guys with your suggestion and advice.

Look at this tread -
http://boards.immigrationportal.com/showthread.php?t=164838
Rahul was talking about getting police certificates in case of no finger printing. Good luck :)

krish24 said:

I strongly believe that they will tell you no you can't give fingerprint. I have seen case where friend's wife just cut her finger while cutting vegetables and they postponed her fingerprint till it was fully recover...

sanjayrpatel said:
I strongly believe that they will tell you no you can't give fingerprint. I have seen case where friend's wife just cut her finger while cutting vegetables and they postponed her fingerprint till it was fully recover...

Thank you sanjaypatel for your reply. Did your friend’s wife get the same experience like Anahit’s parents?

And if you only have nine fingers...

And if you only have nine fingers, you can't be a USC? :confused:

Maybe you should bring up the ADA (American's with Disabilities Act).

Oh yeah, I guess you're not an "American" yet, but maybe it applies anyway.

-Ocelot