Need help with RFE 4 AC21 <180 days case

bugsbunny

Registered Users (C)
Can anyone recommend a lawyer who can represent a AC21 case (changed jobs < 180 days with prev emp)? Current salary and job is similar to previous but only issue is that an RFE has been issued for a emp letter from prev employer.

Emp Letter from Previous Emp

Hi:

What is the exact text of the RFE? Most of us got RFE for emplyment letter from curent employer. (even though did not notify BCIS of job change).

One good idea for choosing right attorney may be in your local area and who can accompany you at the interview, if at all that situation arises.

Since changing jobs using AC21 and within 180 days is even more gray area and with differing opinions....it's a tough call.

One thingyou might want to explore and discuss with an attorney is using the job confirmation date as opposed to hire date when creating a letter. (this is not a proven strategy) but an idea.

Also search for some good threads with "AC21".

Good luck

Don't worry..

its the standard RFE, thats generated.

You can provide the employment letter from your new employer for this RFE. Just include a covering letter saying that you have switched employers using AC21. Your attorney for the new employer (if you have one) will be able to take care of this. I personally don't know of a lawyer, to refer to you. Sorry.

BTW, were you laid off by your previous employer?

Gurus of this forum can shed some more light on this case.

Please note that I am not a lawyer and these are my own thoughts which have no legal sense. So, act accordingly.

One more thing...

folks like you (job change < 180 days) have got approval per this forum. just scan for their threads (just like maald says).

So, don't hit the panic button yet.

thanks guys - I will not hit the panic button yet, and yes, the job change was due to a layoff. I wouldn't have changed jobs before the approval if I could help it. The RFE asks for a employment letter from the employer who filed the I-140. Thanks for the responses, all

Bugsbunny, Iam in same boat as you. I got lay off from my sponsoring employer before 180 days, was out of job for 5 months and started on a new job in Jan03. May be I can also expect an RFE anytime now that BCIS is processing Jan 02 cases

good...

if you were laid off, there is nothing much you could have done.

In your RFE reply, if possible attach a letter from your previous employer stating that they laid you off. And, in your covering letter be sure to mention about the lay-off and that, you were forced to change employers.

I have read in this forum before that eventhough the RFE states "employment letter from the employer who filed the I-140", you can still provide an employment letter from your current employer. (Its just that the RFE text is of old format i.e pre AC21)

All that BCIS wants to know during adjucation is that, you're employed and you won't become a public charge.